Chapter 31: A New Hope (Epilogue)

A/N: This is the last chapter of Distrust, I'm sad it's the end but at the same time I'm glad so many of you enjoyed this story despite it having blood and gore.

I'm so super sorry for this late update...

Victoria was washing dishes when she heard laughter behind her, she glanced behind to see Charles playing with their two children.

It has been several years since Briar Bloodsworth has been defeated and the deaths of Rupert and Henry.

She chuckled as their eldest son, Rupert Junior or RJ, played with his younger sister, Henley. Charles was watching them and playing with them. After everything that happened to them, they managed to build a good life.

Two years after the defeat of Briar, Victoria, and Charles started dating and eventually got married. Galeforce retired, leaving Charles to take over as the General. Victoria was supposed to be the new general but she turn down the offer, she wanted to retire and raise her two kids. RJ was born a couple of years after they got married, at first, they were going to name him something different but they decided to name him after Rupert to remember him by.

RJ has his mother's hair color and his father's red eyes. He has his father's personality and his mother's determination, he's an energetic fellow just like his father. Three years after RJ was born, Henley was born. Henley was named after Henry, she has her father's hair color and her mother's emerald eyes. She has her mother's personality and her father's go-getter attitude. Overall, Charles and Victoria have a beautiful family.

"What are you guys doing?" Victoria asked as she wiped her hands.

"Playing," RJ and Henley responded in unison while Charles was snorting.

Victoria shook her head as she went back to washing dishes, Charles kept playing with the kids.

Later that night, Victoria was putting the kids into bed while Charles was looking through some old photos from when Rupert and Henry were still alive. Charles held up a photo of him, Victoria, Rupert, Henry, Johnny, Ellie, and Dave. Everyone was smiling in the photo including Rupert who never smiled, Henry was also smiling. The photo was taken when Johnny wanted everyone to hang out in the town, Charles stared at Rupert and Henry smiling.

The photo was taken before the General sent Rupert and Henry to capture Briar. And it was the last time, everyone including Victoria would see Rupert and Henry as themselves instead of them being brainwashed by Briar. Two droplets of tears landed on the photo, he started trembling, and he put a hand on his mouth to stifle his sobs. He knows it's been years since their deaths but it never gets easier remembering them, he still hates himself for being tricked by Rupert and Henry.

If he had noticed something off by them sooner, they would still be alive and they would be free from Briar.

Charles put down the photo as he picked up a brown envelope, Charles took out a file report with a bunch of photos. Charles's sadness quickly turn to rage as he stared at the report, Briar Bloodsworth's smiling face was staring at him like he was taunting him. Charles then stared at the logo at the top of the report, he was looking at a CCC report.

The Center for Chaos Containment or the CCC for short had created Briar Bloodsworth. 

Yes, you have read that right. The CCC created Briar Bloodsworth to contain the chaos and he was made to terminate chaos. However, they messed up in creating him and instead of a being who stops chaos, they created chaos incarnate.

When the Government, Toppat Clan, and the Wall found out about this; they were pissed. The Wall especially since they were allies and they weren't informed of Briar. Bill Bullet, the director of the Central Branch didn't inform Dmitri because they wanted to see if the plan worked in creating a being who can contain and terminate chaos. It didn't.