R u n

Walking through the front doors of Chen's Noodle House, the welcoming smell of sushi, pasta and other treats wafted past our noses. The conveyer belt gives a soft hum next to us as we each take a seat in a booth, soft murmurs being shared between us.

The restaurant wasn't too busy, considering it was around about the time the dinner rush should be piling in. Still, the quietness of the place was a welcoming thing either way. Licking my dry lips and ignoring the churning of my stomach, I turned my eyes away from the food to grab the pile of menus sitting in front of me. A part of me was regretting that I agreed to get takeout for the boys back home, the sickening smell of food after I had just eaten was not making me feel well. The things I do for love.

"Here, pick out what you think the guys would eat." I hold out the stack of menus to the women around me and they were all quick to reach over and steal one each until there was a single one left for me.

Our booth goes quiet, everyones eyes glued to the plastic in front of them as they flip through their options. I idly fidget with the menu in my hand, spinning it around on the table as I scan the restaurant. I knew Lloyd well enough, he was a bit too much like me and preferred to stick with his usual order. Luckily, the dish he liked also happened to be my favourite as well.

From the corner of my eyes I catch a glimpse of orange, a familiar colour now. Turning my head to her direction, Skylor meets my eyes and grins at me as she sidles up at our booth. "Well, isn't it my lucky day." She chuckles, one hand rested on her jutted out hip while the other held a notepad.

"Hey, Skylor." Kat manages a small wave towards the redhead, having to lean forward between Emilie and Nya to actually see the other woman as her smaller height and being squished in-between the two made it hard to see over their heads. Myself and the others give her a similar greeting.

"What brings my dear sister and friends here this fine night?" Skylor hums with a raised eyebrow, amber eyes flittering between our large group for a few moments, "And where are the others? It's weird seeing you lot without them."

"We're actually here to bring them home dinner." Jade places her menu down after another quick skim of the words, blue-grey coming up to meet hers, "So, we'd like to order takeout please."

The Master of Amber nods quickly, reaching into her breast pocket to pluck out a pen, "Alright, what's everyone having."

Maddy was the first to speak, her feet kicking underneath the table and lightly knocking into the side of my own, "I think Cole would enjoy the Nikuman, a bag of fortune cookies and three slices of chocolate cake." She smiles to herself when Skylor gives her an odd look, "Yes, three. One for him and myself and we'll probably end up sharing the last slice together."

"Of course." Skylor bites back a grin of amusement and writes down the first order, "I should have known that, it's a bit obvious." She doesn't bother holding back the tone of sarcasm in her words and motions for the next person to give their order.

"Fortune cookies actually sound good, now that you mention it." Jade turns to glance at her sister beside her before returning to her previous position, pushing the menu away from her and to the corner of the table, "I'll also grab a bag of those, a helping of Spicy Curry and Tamagoyaki too, please."

I silently watch Skylor scribble that down into her notepad, her eyes narrowing down in concentration as she writes. So far, it sounds like we're going to be waiting here for a while with how much we're all going to order. It makes a lot of sense though, our partners eat like a bunch of soldiers that have just got back from a three days mission without a meal.

"Do you think we should get something for Zane?" The sound of Nya's voice snaps me out of my daydreaming, my eyes refocusing on my surroundings as the dark haired woman shuts her menu. "I think he deserves it, even if he doesn't actually need to eat to function."