Galar Part 2

Kanto Region - Pallet Town

Delia walked with Iris, Serena, and Vilnis to Professor Oak's lab. It wasn't very far from the Ketchum home, but Vilnis appreciated that Delia offered to walk with them there.

"I think that my Sylveon has taken a liking to your Umbreon," Serena commented. Vilnis had noticed that Serena's Sylveon was walking particularly close to Umbreon on the way to the lab. "She has really come a long way with getting close to other Pokemon."

"This is Professor Oak's lab," Delia said as they came to the building on the hill. "It looks like there might be some more visitors here as well." She pointed to a big van that was parked just outside the gates to the lab.

"I know that it isn't our van," Iris said. "But the rest of our team is here waiting." They entered the lab to see Professor Oak talking with Cynthia, Marco, and Ashley. A young man stood by his side. He had dark hair and wore an orange sweatband over his forehead. And standing next to him was Misty, the leader of the Cerulean City Gym."

"Misty?" Vilnis asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi Vilnis!" She said with a wave. "When Professor Oak told me that a Search and Rescue team was being put together for Ash, I insisted that I join."

"Apparently, Misty is an old friend of Ash's," Ashley explained. "It's great to see you again Misty. I just wish it was under better circumstances."

"Thanks, Ashley," Misty replied. "We can all celebrate together when we find Ash and bring him home!"

"So it looks like we have two more added to our party," Cynthia said, pointing over to Serena. Serena briefly introduced herself to everyone.

"Delia and I have decided that we should stay here in Pallet Town," Professor Oak said. "Just in case Ash happens to come back, someone will be here."

"I'll drive you all to the Cerise Laboratory in Vermillion City," The man with the orange sweatband said. Misty placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Tracey here will also be watching over my gym while we're gone," She explained. "I can't trust my sisters to do it these days."

"Please, be safe everyone!" Delia said, tears forming in her eyes.

...

On the ride to Vermillion City, Ashley looked at Serena with sharp eyes. Serena felt a bit uneasy at this.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Serena asked.

"I'm just trying to figure out where I've seen you before," Ashley said. "You look really familiar."

"I'm not surprised you think that, Ashley," Vilnis chuckled. "We've met her mother before. Do you remember Grace?"

"Oh! The Rhyhorn Racer!" Ashley said. "No wonder. You look so much alike!"

"You know my mom?" Serena asked.

"You see, I'm from Vaniville Town too," Vilnis explained. "Your mother showed us how to Rhyhorn Race once. She also said 'The next time you're in Vaniville Town, come by for a visit.' And that's how we know her."

"Hey, that was the day we met, wasn't it?" Marco asked.

"That does sound like my mother," Serena giggled. Her expression quickly changed from a joyful one to a sad demeanor.

"What's wrong, Serena?" Iris asked.

"I'm just really worried for Ash and Pikachu," she said. "I hope that they're alright, wherever they are."

"Knowing Ash, I'm sure he's able to handle his own in a battle if it comes to that," Cynthia explained. "But we share in your worry."

"We just gotta hold onto hope," Misty said.