1

3rd peson POV:

"Please do not tell Betty that it was me. She can't know it was me.", Jughead pleaded. The couple shared a glance.
"Why can't she know?", Veronica asked, curiously.
"I don't want to stress her. I feel so guilty, like it's my fault! I don't want her to hate me, she doesn't deserve to be so much betrayed. To find out her own boyfriend-", The raven-haired panicked. 'She can't know what happened. She can't know it was my fault. She can not.'
"Jug, calm down. It wasn't your fault, you couldn't control it!", Archie re-assured his best friend, giving him a comforting rub on the shoulder. Jughead felt so weak, he felt like the most awful person in the world.
"I shouldn't have brung her there! We wouldn't be in this situation! We wouldn't! Now we're both traumatized for probably the rest of our lives. And it was my fault! All my stupid fau-", the boy couldn't get to air anymore. He was hyperventilating, on the verge of tears. His friends hugged him, trying to calm him down.
"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known, Jug! It's all gonna be fine. We're gonna tell Betty some excuse and she won't know what happened. Don't worry.", the girl comforted him, her face reflected what her boyfriend was feeling. Confusion. So much of it.

Twenty minutes later

"Soo.... What do we tell her?", the redhead looked at the people he found himself in the room with.
His girlfriend looked at him, and all of a sudden, her eyes lit up with an idea.
"We could tell Betty that your parents divorced?", Veronica asked.
"Maybe... but what should be the excuse? Like yeah hello Betty so your boyfriend's parents divorced so he wasn't in school or anywhere for 5 weeks? That isn't gonna work!", Archie said.
"Maybe.... Hey Betty your boyfriend went to Toledo with his dad to finalize to divorce, so he wasn't in town for five weeks?", Ronnie gave him a hopeful glance.
"Or what about... Hey girl your boyfriend went on a roadtrip to calm himself down from his parents divorce so he wasn't in town for 5 weeks?", The redhead asked. At those moments, Veronica really questioned her boyfriends IQ.
"Yeah we're going with my story.", The raven haired girl said.
"You never got my permission to tell her that.", Jughead said quietly. He didn't feel at all comfortable about talking about his family. It was a mess, a mess that was slowly destroying the boy's life. The problem slid into everything, left the Jones family disabled and traumatized. Jughead accepted that his parents are probably about to get a divorce. He just wanted a happy family. Jughead always looked at happy families with disgust. Why? Because he wanted that. He wanted that so much, it was tearing him apart.
"Jug, they did divorce", Archie said, soon realizing when he said. His eyes widened. The carrot top covered his mouth.
"J-" Archie started, but was cut off by Jughead.
"It's fine, Arch.", The boy smiled sadly.
Veronica hugged him, knowing he needed it.

Betty's POV: 5 hours later

"Let's go.", said my mother. I was let out of the hospital with no serious injuries.
"Mom, when is Jughead coming back?", I asked.
My mom, unknown to me, was very familiar with Jughead's request.
"In a few days. The divorce is really stressful for him, but don't worry. He's gonna be fine.", my mom offered me a kind smile. I sighed, feeling guilty that I wasn't there for Jughead.

When I got home, I rushed to my bedroom. I was about to step into it, but I stopped at the doorframe. My eyes scanned the cheery room. My mind couldn't believe it. I was home.
I sat slowly on my bed, relaxing in the soft sheets. I forgot all about Jughead. A soft chuckle came out of my mouth. The calming scent I was so familiar with welcomed me.
Pink walls with a childish wallpaper, neatly organized white make-up table with a perfectly clean mirror that reflected my bruised face.
Jughead. JUGHEAD. I thought as I picked up my phone.
'Hi, it's Jughead here, leave a message, or don't. I wont look at it anyways.'  Betty was met with a familiar tone.
She called repeatedly. Again and again.
Until he answered.
"Oh my god Jug! I missed you so much honey. I love you. I heard what happened with your parents, I'm so sorry lovely. How are you doing?", Betty said to an overwhelmed Jughead, but he knew how to act.
"Betty! Where were you love? I missed you so much. I can't believe it's you! I love you too honey. Don't mind me, how are you? Darling I missed you much, these were the longest 5 weeks of my life.", Jughead's tearful voice rang trough the line.
"I'm okay, but really how are you? I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. It must have been so hard.", The girl said, concerned.
"I've been better. Hun you couldn't have been there for me, you have been kidnapped by some psycho. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you, I really am. I could have saved you if I was there. I'm so so so sorry. I feel so ba-", he was cut off by hid girlfriend.
"No Jug. Don't you dare say you feel bad. This isn't your fault, okay? Everything's gonna be fine, don't worry", the couple reassured each other.

They chatted. Jughead missed his girlfriend's blonde hair. The one he could play and make braids with for hours. Her deep, green eyes. The ones that hypnotise him every time he sees them. He loved every part of her, and at the same time, he missed every part of her.
Betty wanted to feel Jughead's warm, comforting embrace again. She wanted to see his soft beanie on his mysteriously gorgeous raven hair. She wanted to hear his cocky jokes. She wanted him back.

So this is a poorly written, shorter chapter. Don't forget to vote!