Reconnaissance

Zani stretched and then stood up shaking a bit of snow from him and moved looming over Xerxes who was perched on a rather large rock. He was on his back, his eyes closed and the sun was beating down at the moment from the blue sky.

"You're blocking my sun." Xerxes said, cracking an eye and looking at the deep blue gaze staring at him. Zani was actually a fairly large size at the moment.

'Lazy is what you are.' Zani stated mentally just to see if he would get a raise out of Xerxes.

"I didn't hear you complaining at all laying there soaking up the sun a minute ago. Nor the fact that you have a full stomach." Xerxes commented stretching and sitting up putting an arm on his leg casually. He rubbed a hand through his hair making it stick out at odd angles.

'You are too calm and relaxed. It is unnerving to me, normally you have far to much restless energy than is good for either of us.' Besides obvious reasons it was very strange for Zani. Xerxes was forever a bundle of energy.

"Comes with being a manifestation of spirit. Either way what are you complaining, I feel really good and your mood has improved as well." He said, there was a smile on his face looking at him and Zani bobbed his head a bit.

'You should try and control your thoughts a bit. You don't seem able to think clearly about certain things. Like some love drunk youth' Zani grumbled it a bit. Xerxes gave a wider smile and he just pointed at Zani for a moment.

"You enjoyed the feeling far more than you admit. I most certainly did, far more than I thought." Xerxes wanted to roll his eyes at Zani a bit. He was forever being the cautious worrywart.

'As if I couldn't tell.' Zani said, but couldn't really fault him. He was in a better mood and felt far better physically than he had in a long time. Zani was affected by it as well and soaked it up like a sponge, the relief was amazing.

"Don't worry," Xerxes said picking up Zani's other thoughts. "I'll try and control the need for sex a bit more. Not let it run my thoughts since it bothers you so old timer." Zani just made a sound.

'Like you could ever control yourself.' Xerxes gave a shrug and looked toward the mountain.

"Shall we see what our human friends are up to?" He asked Zani, his green eyes still brighter than normal. Xerxes good mood was contagious to him, and it was a much needed change. Zani made a nod, yes they still had to deal with these humans collecting supernaturals. They weren't sure if they should take care of the group or go find their headquarters and see what to do there. Xerxes was now thinking about what they might be able to get from Kendra if she helped them. Though one thing at a time there.

'Yes let us see what it is that they are doing.' Zani said and Xerxes moved going up and onto his back. Zani took off causing tree branches to sway with the powerful down thrust of his wings and snow blew around in mini tornadoes. It was a fast flight low over the trees, mostly conifers this high up.

Xerxes drew out his wings and pushed off Zani jerking back slightly as the wind caught his wings and he was pulled up a bit. He steadied himself slowing and Zani became smaller, about the size of a medium dog. They spotted the area that the nosey humans were scouting on their mountain. They dropped from the sky a short distance away as to not be noticed yet.

Xerxes pulled his wings in and plummeted downward toward the ground. He gave a sudden out thrust and slowed nearly stopping in midair. He pulled his wings in again and landed on the ground. His knees bending just a bit with the impact. He looked up at the sky between the trees. Zani glided down and changed size again and landed with expert skill onto Xerxes shoulder.

'We make it look easy.' Zani said looking up at the narrow space between the trees.

'Yes, but let's not tell them how many times we failed learning hmm?' Xerxes mentally teased. Zani gave a kind of rumble in his chest that was laughter as they moved forward through the trees, they could smell the humans. Though it was very faint. As if they were hiding their scents.