Chapter 7

You sprint to the Basement door and shut it behind you, quickly fumbling to turn the lock. The room is pitch black.

A loud pound and muffled voice from the guard startles you.

Good thing he doesn't have the key, but Ryuji does. I have to be quick. You thought.

You see a large, dimly lit flight of stairs in front of you. What you're looking for must be down there. As you run down the stairs, the pounding on the door begins again.

The sound gets quieter and quieter the longer you run. After a full minute of sprinting down the steps, you finally land on a concrete floor. Looking back up, you see a long hallway, with four doors presented under a white light.

"INTERROGATION", "HOLDING", "TESTING", and "LABORATORY". The laboratory is your first bet as to where the protogen might be.

You push the door open and enter a dark room. You see many strange, scientific tools, not something you thought would be in a technology company's headquarters. You walk around, looking at all the weird things before you stumble upon a large, glass tube filled with some weird liquid. Multiple wires are suspended inside of it.

What is this? No... Does this mean...

You look behind and see a table, littered with papers and folders. You grab a random page and start to read it.

SUBJECT: PROTOGEN V0.1 MALE

Subject has shown signs of life inside of the chamber. Testing possible in at least 3 days If life is sustained.

They're alive? The protogen, the protogens... They're all ALIVE?!

-----------------------------------------------------

--TESTING LOG NO. 1--

SUBJECT: PROTOGEN V.0.1 MALE

Visor flickers occasionally.

Motor functions work as intended.

Speech is loud and understandable.

First task: Make a glass of water.

Subject grabs glass and uses sink to fill. Walks over to tester but drops glass. Glass shatters on impact. Subject does not apologize and clean broken glass.

Second task: Clean testing room.

Subject sweeps up broken glass and disposes of it, plugs provided vacuum cleaner and cleans room. Some spots still have visible residue.

Overall poor performance by subject.

Subject due for termination on X/XX/20XX.

WONDERTECH©

MAKING THE WORLD WONDERFUL, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

-----------------------------------------------------

You shiver as the paper slips from your hand.

They KILLED HIM? If he was killed, what about... Oh no.

You scramble to see if you can find the documents on your protogen, then you finally see it.