𝒐. 𝑺𝒀𝑵𝑶𝑷𝑺𝑰𝑺

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒊 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃──────────────────

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃
──────────────────

cousins was her happy place. she'd count down the days all year until she could finally go back. she longed for the feeling of sand beneath her feet and water in her hair. she even missed the painful sunburns that would ruin her sleep and the burning hot pavements that would scorch the soles of her feet. but most of all she missed the people.

the fishers, the conklins and the danvers would go to cousins together every summer since before any of the kids were born. not a single summer had gone by in the seventeen years of her life in any other place. it was always cousins.

susannah, laurel and autumn have been inseparable for longer than any of them can remember. that is where the summer in cousins tradition began.

the first born was conrad fisher, susannah's son. he was the oldest of the kids and usually acted like it too. he always took care of everyone regardless of whether they wanted him to or not.

the second born was willow danvers, autumn's daughter. she was often the person conrad was left to take care off. she made a lot of messes that others would have to clean up. she was complicated and chaotic but she was kind most of all.

from the moment willow was born, susannah insisted that she was destined for conrad. it seemed silly to think such a thing about two people solely because of the relationship between their parents. to be so sure that two people were soulmates when they had barely learnt to walk seemed absurd but in a way, susannah was right. though not in the way she had meant.

conrad and willow were best friends. it was them against the world every summer. even when summer came to an end they would talk everyday. she'd call him at a ridiculously late hour every night but he'd always answer whether he was asleep or not. if there was one person willow could depend on, it was conrad.

willow would often get herself into trouble and, like habit, conrad was always there to help her out of it. they needed each other. where there was willow, there was conrad by her side.

after conrad and willow, four more kids were born. steven conklin, laurel's first child and the third of the group. then jeremiah fisher, conrad's younger brother and susannah's second boy. followed by isabel conklin or belly as she prefers. and finally archer danvers, willow's little brother and the youngest of the six kids.

every single one of them were extremely different but somehow it just worked. they were inseparable, much like the mothers.

in cousins, it was always the kids and the mothers. occasionally the fathers would visit but only briefly. well, adam fisher and john conklin would but never willow and archer's father. by the time archer was born, he was long gone and wasn't heard from again. they didn't mind though. archer never knew him and autumn and willow didn't have many good memories of him.

the danvers family was as close as a family can be. of course they occasionally argued like any family would but autumn, willow and archer loved each other regardless. even when archer broke willow's skateboard after she ate his sour patch kids or when willow threw his xbox in the pool after he read her journal. they were dysfunctional but they were a family nonetheless.

calm was something willow was not. she was always getting mixed up in the wrong things, sometimes by choice but mostly by chance. it was safe to say she had pretty shitty luck.

she loved music. you could always find her in her room with her guitar on her lap as she messily scribbled down lyrics in her journal. anything and everything that had happened to her was in that book. every thought she had was written on those pages in the form of a song and she'd kill anyone who touched it. the expression that says you can read someone like a book was literal in her case.

her mother had given her an electric guitar for her birthday when she was eight and ever since, she has had the same capri orange fender that was now a little faded and littered with small stickers, little drawings or words, and a ton of scratches. her mother had offered on many occasions to buy her a new guitar but she refused. she was happy with the one she had. it was silly to have such a strong sentimental attachment to an object but willow did not care.

she loved skating too. she had a ton of skateboards lining her walls at home alongside lots of vinyl records and hundreds of polaroid photos from each summer in cousins. conrad taught her to skate when she was thirteen years old. he taught her how to surf too. he was always challenging willow and she loved that.

there was never a dull moment with willow. whether she was wasted at a party or just watching a movie with belly and the moms, she always managed to put a smile on everyone's face. she was the life of the party and with her, you could guarantee that you'd always have fun.

though with that came a lot of trouble. she was easily agitated and it only took one wrong word to piss her off. she certainly wasn't the type to sit back and let people walk all over her or anyone she cared about. at least during the summer she had conrad to stop her from going too far which she often did, particularly when she has had a little too much to drink or smoke that day.

and this summer wasn't likely to be anything different.

𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎𝐋𝐈𝐕 <𝟑──────────────────

𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎
𝐋𝐈𝐕 <𝟑
──────────────────

i hate this but im too lazy to rewrite it.

i don't really know what to say so just i hope u didn't hate this synopsis as much as i did lol.

please vote and comment cause ur interactions are what keep me motivated. thanks lovers!

❨30.06.2022❩
© livsluvrs