𝒊. 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊: 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄──────────────────

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
──────────────────

❨2021❩

it was dark outside now as the first night of summer in cousins rolled in. conrad had been avoiding willow since dinner but she had finally found him sitting on the edge of the pool with his legs in the water.

a brisk chill was sent down the blonde's spine as she exited the warmth of the house. while the night temperature was a little cold, it was still relatively comfortable being summer.

conrad heard the door shut and looked up to where willow was making her way over to him. it was only then that she noticed the small cloud of smoke that escaped his lips and the blunt in his hand.

"you hypocritical bitch," willow exclaimed which was surely heard by not only everyone inside but the neighbours too. "so, you smoke now too, huh?"

conrad ignored willow as she sat herself next to him, dipping her own legs in the water. he seemed nervous for some reason, perhaps cause he had an idea of what willow was wanting to talk about. "how many times did you give me shit about smoking pot. you used to grill me about how it would change the way my brain processed information and that it messes with white matter," willow recalled.

"you don't even know what white matter is," conrad replied with a small laugh, now seeming a little less tense and actually turning to face the girl on his right.

"that's not the point," willow knew he was right but didn't argue. "why are you smoking, connie?" she asked, now with a less playful tone, sounding more concerned for the boy. he went silent again, looking back down to the the water where their legs made small ripples.

"you quit football too. somethings going on," willow added but he remained silent, taking another puff of the blunt. willow watched him closely. she saw how the water was reflecting in his eyes and how, as he exhaled the cloud of smoke, his breath was rough and unsteady. she knew him better than anyone else and she could see that he wasn't okay.

"stop ignoring me. just tell me what's wrong," willow encouraged, trying to mask her impatience but she was growing more and more frustrated by the second.

"i just didn't wanna play football anymore. it's not a big deal," he shrugged, evidently getting annoyed with the blonde's questioning.