Shattered

Xiao Zhan's POV

I was waiting for my husband to come home, it was past 7 and he still isn't home. I look up and gazed at the moon, it was shining, shining brightly. I raise my hand and reach for it, it hindered the brightness and it was too far, but light reflects on the diamond on my finger. I smile when I remember how embarrassed he was when he knelt in front of me and begged me to marry him. 

A revving car sound reached my ears, I immediately ran out of the door and welcomed him with a wide hug, "You're 10 minutes late honey!" I kiss his cheeks and he held me while he kissed back, on my lips. 

"The food I cooked has gone cold, let me down, I'll cook again." I say to him and wiggled my feet to get to the ground. He whispers in my ear, "Let you down?" He laughs and runs inside our home. "He tickled me with his mouth that was on my chest, "Wang Yibo, let me go~ You can't let your stomach empty" 

"Hmmm, I'm gonna fill your stomach first though. Want some hot milk?" Wang Yibo smirked and I turned beet red, "We have time, just go and change first, you're sweaty. I'll be done in a few minutes ah" 

I slowly made my way to the ground and watched his silhouette fade away right before my eyes, I touch my burning face and sliced vegetables making a salad for him. 

As soon as I heard footsteps, I smile at him, I drew a heart on the salad using the sauce. "Close your eyes" He did as I said, "What is it Zhan?" 

I placed the plate and took his hands, "I love you!" He looked at me with watery eyes. "I love you more!" He's still so dramatic even when he's a director of WangXian company. I pat his back, "Crying will only take more of your energy, eat first" I then pushed him away from me then whispered, "You'll have your dessert after" 

He wiped away his tears and started eating, bite after bite, "Delicious" He finished the whole palate of salad but didn't touch the hearts that I made out of sauce, "Yibo... Do you not like it? Why did you leave the sauce..." He chuckled "Silly" 

Memories of the past haunted me, "Silly! If you think you can win with this scrap then you better be someone else's child!" 

"What were you saying Yibo?" He pouts... I really didn't hear him, I'm too absentminded today. I wriggled off all the bad thoughts and clung to my husband's neck. "Your dessert is ready to be claimed" I wink at him as he sprinted to the bedroom while carrying me in bridal position. He always carry me like this since Day 1 of marriage, but he carried me more often when we were still boyfriends. 

He laid me on the bed after closing the door, closed or not, does it really matter? There's no one else in this house anyway. He hovered over me and said, "So... What's the flavor my dessert would like today?"

The whole night went on with his teasings and hot kisses. 

By the next morning, I woke up in someone's embrace. Escaping my husband's warm embrace, I  went to the kitchen. I cooked breakfast and got ready for work too, not long after that, my husband's arms snaked into my hips. "Morning baby" 

"Eek, you're so smelly baby..." I tried to shoo him away, teasing him is always so fun. "And whose fault do you think that is? Always begging for m-" I shut him with a kiss, this always works on him but then he backs away. I let out an angry 'hmph' and continued cooking. 

Soon he came out in his business suit. He seemed to be in a hurry, "Honey, there's an emergency at the company. Make sure you eat on time and don't come home too late!" That's all he said before he fixed his tie and ran out with his car keys. Eat on time? Not coming home late? It's him who always does that, idiot! 

Before I can say more, my phone suddenly chimed. I turned the stove off and fetched the phone from my pocket... There was a picture sent for me. I don't know why but it seems to me that the connection is a bit slow. I poured myself a glass of water and then came back. 

Terror covered my whole face when I saw it... The glass dropped to the floor creating a mess with water splattered on the floor. I took the phone in my hands and rubbed my eyes to see if I didn't see wrong. I fell apart, but no... I got to trust Yibo. I trust him... 

I was heartbroken, for the second time. I carelessly walked around, not caring about the prickling glass beneath my feet. It doesn't hurt as much as my heart does. 

3rd person POV

Blood was oozing out of Zhan's feet, the wound was made by the glass shards from the broken glass earlier. Blood and water collide with each other as dripping water reaches Zhan's ears. His own tears are falling onto the mess he made on the floor. 

On the other hand, Wang Yibo rushed to the company not knowing a single thing that happened. Upon entering he was greeted by stares from his colleagues. He immediately went to the meeting office and was greeted by a slap of papers. 

"Look at this mess, how do you plan to deal with that?!" The CEO of the company was agitated, I picked up the papers and saw what exactly was going on. My eyes widen in shock, what... This is fake, nothing is true, bad. Zhan. "You believe me or not, none of these are true. I'm married to someone I love, I won't find another." I placed the papers on the large table that connects me and the CEO, looking into his eyes I say, "Although the possibility of married men, cheating on their wives is a lot more than 60%, I. Wang Yibo am not one of them" 

I left the room and took my phone, I immediately called my honey, he's sensitive to everything because I once hurt him. Please pick up... It was a good 1 minute before he pick up, "Explain..." His voice sounded like he was crying. "Zhan, I swear none of the nonsense on the internet ever happened. Please trust me." I can hear small sobs escaping his mouth, my expression turns sour, "Where are you now? At home or at the company?" 

"Home" 

I knew he was at our house, all I want is to hear him say the word 'home' I want to test if he trusted me, and the results didn't fail me. Until I saw him on the floor... Broken glass and blood. "ZHAN!" I immediately carried him to the sofa and took the first-aid kit. "Sorry... It's my fault, I h-hurt you again" 

I apologized, again and again, tears were unstoppable in my eyes, but he took my face and said, "It hurts, so you need to heal it again." He kissed away my tears and flinched after he accidentally step on the ground. "Zhan. I'm sorry, I didn't, the picture was just edited. I won't ever cheat on you, never" He smiles, "I didn't mean to hurt myself on purpose, the glass broke and I lost all my strength when I saw the picture. That's why..." I hushed him, "My heart also hurts with you" 

I treated his wound as he bit on a towel, he doesn't want to shout in pain, but in fact, he does that every night. We were cuddling each other afterward, just admiring the sunset as we used to in the past when we were still in college... At that time...