Chapter 1~ Uninvited Guests......

~Anthony~

My life was fairly normal.

I spent my days being homeschooled, playing video games watching old movies, cartoons, television shows and anime and listening to any music that wasn't rap, R&B, or gospel.

Things were pretty hectic for a couple of years. They say back in 2020 everything went crazy. Then it kinda toned down but didn't exactly improve.

But today would make that about 75 years ago and I'm going to turn 18 at the end of this month.

My life was forever changed when mom came home and said there was someone who wanted to see me.

I was hoping it wasn't our neighbor Mrs. Honda. She was nice and all but she was nosy and kept trying to feed me her pecan pies which I thought tasted gross. But I didn't have the heart to tell her that.

I don't like store bought pecan pie either. I think it's that I don't like pecans. Or maybe it's the weird liquid that makes up the filling.

Either way I could never manage more than one slice and the woman insisted upon gifting us a whole pie.

But when I walked downstairs into the living room I was faced with a very tall man with almost milk white skin. His straight shoulder length hair was a black color that shined from whatever oil was on it. The man wore a black tuxedo and had red sunglasses. He tapped on his knee as if listening to some music.

I faltered and ducked behind the wall leading to a bathroom.

My clothes; all I wore were dark grey sweatpants and a dark maroon hoodie with the words "if you don't think you shouldn't talk" a quote from the March Hare a character from the famous Alice in Wonderland. I looked like a hipster or something with how long, curly, and unkempt my hair was. I was going to embarrass my mom without even saying anything to our guest.

Quickly I ran back upstairs to my room. All I needed was seven minutes. And that was probably all I had.

I needed to quickly get dressed presentably, and pin up my hair.

I brushed my hair and flinched through the pain to speedily do a single braid at the back of my head. The braid was about four inches wide since I had thick hair and stopped at the middle of my back. I would have kept it short but I never bothered to recall to cut it. It was easier to snuggle and bury myself in it when the colder months came around and I couldn't keep my body warm irreguardless of where I was.

I stripped off my current clothes and tossed them into the dirty clothes bin in my room. It was empty since I washed some clothes yesterday.

I hastily put on a black shirt with a printed front that resembled a tuxedo and black pants. I put on my black and yellow Letterman jacket. I figured I could keep my socks since they didn't look or smell to bad. I had one minute left. Actually I had 50 seconds but that not the point. Time to race downstairs.

As my foot hit the last step I looked up and saw that our guest was staring at me. I tried not to feel embarrassed but it was hard. His gaze felt intense and I couldn't tell through his sunglasses. On that note who wears sunglasses inside? Was he still living in the 21st century or something?

Oh well it's not like I can talk. I'm the one with the old fashioned aesthetic. I collect phonographs, cassette tapes, old cameras. I watch anime from the 90s and early 2000s, the latest being before 2019. I watch old TV shows like Knight Rider, Small Wonder, and A Series of Unfortunate Events. I got made fun of for my taste in music. Although it's not my fault people like the noise that grinds on my ears they call rap music.