Chapter 2~ To the Adventurous Journey

~Anthony~

"I'm Anthony Basil" I politely introduced myself.

"oh yeah? nice to meet you kid" Percy shook hands with me. I was surprised his hand didn't go through mine.

"wait! You're a son of Hades? Percy demanded suddenly.

"um yeah... since you seem angry i think I should at least tell you my reasons. I guess I could say I summoned you because I wanted--" I was cut off by Percy yelling at Hades like he didn't have control of how he spent his afterlife.

"How could you raise children so poorly?" Percy yelled.

"Who died and made you judge?" Hades demanded apparently miffed.

"Since my friendship with Nico! Duh!'"Percy shot back.

"how have you lived as long as you have!?" Hades practically barked. "Its all in the wrist" percy said smugly.

"WILL YOU STOP USING THAT EXCUSE?!" Hades roared. I felt myself smile. For some reason I felt like I was watching anime and it was very nostalgic.

'i guess i could say i summoned you because i wanted--advice from someone who had dealt with a child of Hades before'  thought.

"What? youre throwing me out of my own home?" I demanded bringing myself back to the conversation.

"All right I've packed him a bag~!" Came the happy voice of my mother I blanched at the thought of her going through my clothes. It didn't help that the backpack she was holding was fairly large.

Then as my mom hit the last stair she seemed suddenly remembered why she had to pack me a bag in the first place. Thus the waterworks were triggered again.

She sniffled and handed me the bag.

I dropped slightly at the weight, even though I was used to frequently exercising. The bag was heavy and I noticed my mom carried it from my room upstairs to here with one arm. I should have expected this, I mean mom sews lots of clothes every year no doubt she had to carry large bundles of clothing at some time or another.

"Let's see for your clothes, I've given you six pants, eight shirts, nine underwear pairs --anything could happen on this nature hike of yours--"

"You told mom I was going on a nature hike?!" I blurted before I could stop myself. Mom halted her rant about her prepared provisions for me.

Hades seemed to pale and Percy had a look of mock surprise. "Lying to a mother?" Shame on you Hades" He scolded.

Mom didn't comment on Percy's presence or his remark to my outburst. I guess that was fitting, in TV spirits weren't visible to humans unless they wanted to be. But since Percy was under my control that most likely meant I had choose when he could reveal himself to humans.

"You're not going on a hike with your son..?" She asked "was there a change in plans?" Her head swiveled to me at an alarming speed. "What did you say to him?"

I cringed with embarrassment I glanced at Hades and wondered if he regretted telling her to pack my bag.

______________