01 Mr Arrogant

"Doctor, thank you very much for coming back from Canada just to help our child," said Wang Zheng as she and her husband discussed with a young doctor who was treating her child.

“When I read your e-mails, I really wanted to meet Xiao Yuan, he is a truly extraordinary and strong child, he has been able to survive until he is 17 years old. This is a miracle. All we need to do is maintain Xiao Yuan's health condition so that there are no complications from the disease he is suffering from," said the doctor. "For people with this disease, the survival rate is statistically very low, mostly can only survive until the age of 25, but we still have to try. and I don't want to give up”

"Thank you, Doctor Lan. We will also not give up on the well-being of our child” said Wang Ruohan “Welcome back to Shanghai”

“Thank you… let's check Xiao Yuan!” Dr. Lan stood up and walked over to a young man who was lying on the examination table. Dr. Lan then took the blue stethoscope that he had not left for the past 8 years "Hello, Xiao Yuan, let's the examination begin...."

***

Wang Yuan is a very cheerful 17 year old boy, he just finished his high school education and now he has been accepted into one of the prestigious universities in Shanghai

Wang Yuan is a very cheerful 17 year old boy, he just finished his high school education and now he has been accepted into one of the prestigious universities in Shanghai. Wang Yuan is indeed a smart child, mathematics is his favorite subject.

Despite this, Wang Yuan had a pretty tough childhood. When he was born, doctors diagnosed him with a rare heart disorder called tetralogy of fallot where it is a heart disorder which is a combination of 4 congenital heart defects, namely Ventricular septal defect (VSD), which is the formation of an abnormal hole in the wall that separates the right and left ventricles. Pulmonary valve stenosis, which is a narrowed pulmonary valve condition, resulting in reduced blood flow to the lungs, Abnormal position of the aorta, which shifts to the right following the formed VSD and Right ventricular hypertrophy or thickening of the right ventricular muscle, which is a condition that occurs due to The work of the heart is too heavy, so it can cause the heart to weaken and heart failure. The disorder causes oxygen-rich blood to mix with oxygen-deficient blood. As a result, the blood that flows throughout the body does not contain enough oxygen. That was more or less the condition Wang Yuan had experienced since childhood.

Of course, the initial treatment has been carried out, when he was a baby, Wang Yuan had undergone several surgeries with promising results. He can also move like a normal person, but there are still some limitations to the activities he has to do so that complications don't occur because this rare disease tends to cause complications in adulthood. Only a few percent of patients still survive over the age of 20.

Even so, Wang Yuan is still a cheerful child, he knows his body condition is not the same as other people but that doesn't make him protracted in sadness, he also knows that maybe in one or two years he could die of heart failure but Wang Yuan didn't want to overthinking it. He just wants to enjoy and be grateful for his life.