2. Firefly

“Why did you act like a hero earlier? What's your business with that shorty?" asked Wang Junkai in a curt tone when they got home

"Then why don't you help him? He didn't do anything wrong but your friends bullied him" Qianxi asked back "I don't like bullies"

"And I don't like people who act like heroes, why? So you get lots of compliments? Or do you want to date him?”

"Why? Are you jealous?” Qianxi smiled and then left Wang Junkai. Actually he didn't mean to upset Wang Junkai, it's just that what Wang Junkai thought was very childish, after all he was indeed innocent, and so was Wang Yuan.

"Jealous? I must have gone crazy.” Wang Junkai then entered the house but his mood turned very bad when he saw his stepmother sitting happily smiling, around him there were lots of shopping bags with various luxury brands. This made Wang Junkai tempted to make a sarcastic comment “Are you happy because you can buy a lot of luxury items that used to only be your dream? Do I need to ask the maid to make a special room to store your luxury items?”

“Xiao Kai, I bought all these things from my savings” Daiyu, Qianxi's mother defended herself “I've been saving for a very long time”

"I really hate hypocrites" Wang Junkai shook his head "my advice, you must be an opportunist, while you are still here then make the most of it, because soon I will kick you and your child out of my house"

“Xiao Kai……”

"Don't ever call me that, you don't have the right to call me that!" Wang Junkai said firmly then left his stepmother.

"Ma..." Qianxi approached his mother, he had been watching Junkai's conversation with his mother from afar "Are you okay?"

“Baobei, I'm fine. As long as you can be happy and get everything, I don't mind if that kid keeps hurting me” Daiyu said “Baobei, tomorrow night your father will invite an important client to dinner, so you need to prepare. Don't forget you have to look good so your dad and his clients will really like you.”

"Ma, I don't want to do it" Qianxi shook his head

"Whether you want it or not, you still have to do it. You have to win over all of them. But I'm sure they will like you, just see how Wang Junkai's attitude is, so annoying and arrogant. It won't take long for your father to like you and abandon Wang Junkai.”

“Ma….. you can't do that”

"I'm doing this because I love you and want you to have the best!" Daiyu confirmed then she grabbed Qianxi's shoulder “Baobei, I'm old and I don't need much. What I need is to prepare a good future for you.”

“I understand if you want me to have a good future, but please don't do anything bad to Wang Junkai. He wasn't wrong…”

"Not wrong? You saw for yourself how that kid treats us! He thinks we are lowly humans and trash. I have to teach him a lesson so he knows how it feels to be treated like trash” Daiyu said as he left Qianxi.