Chapter 2

19:00 | August 22, 2021

Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp - Chris Hackett's Office

While everyone went to do what Jacob assigned him, Kaitlyn and Alessia had broken into Hackett's office.

"He must have a spare set of the master keys in his office somewhere," Alessia told Kaitlyn, "And once we have them, we have free range of the campgrounds."

"I would think that your job as groundskeeper would permit you to have your own set of keys," Kaitlyn said.

Alessia scratched the back of her head, "Well... You see... I used to have a pair, but after an altercation at the end of July, I lost my key privileges. It kinda sucks with my job you know since I had to rely on Chris more than I wanted to."

"He really seemed eager to get to know you, why's that?" Kaitlyn asked her.

Alessia stopped walking and looked at her best friend. Out of everyone, she revealed the most about herself to Kaitlyn. Even then, Alessia refrained from divulging her entire life story to her friend. She opted to go the route of the unsure counselor.

"Beats me," she lied, "He was adamant on trying to get closer to me. A part of me thinks it was on purpose."

Before Kaitlyn could comment on her friend's evasiveness, Dylan's voice entered the office, "Wow, it seems we've been beaten to the office."

"Still looking for a place to charge your phone?" Kaitlyn teased Dylan.

"You know it," Dylan replied with a grin.

"Let's just make this quick," Ryan told him.

"Sure," Dylan replied, "Just gimme a sec to get this going... And...engage."

He plugged in his phone and started talking with Ryan. Meanwhile, Alessia cheered, "Found them!"

"Nice," Kaitlyn said as Alessia twirled the keys around her finger.

It was at this point that Alessia heard Dylan say, "I mean, come on, what kind of dirty secrets does the owner of a summer camp filled with impressionable young children gonna have anyways? Not Mr. H, I know he's cool."

"Always been cool to me..." Ryan agreed.

-----

[Hidden Agenda Collection Clue Found 1 - Calendar] - A calendar on the desk for the month of August. There appears to be a marking on August 22 that there will be a full moon.

-----

Dylan explored the office and glanced down at Chris' desk to look at a calendar, "Take a look, there's going to be a full moon tonight. Talk about some ambience."

Alessia flinched at the mention of a full moon and walked over to see if he was joking. Dylan was being serious as it started to make sense to her. She swallowed nervously and Dylan noticed, "Everything good, Sullivan?"

Alessia nodded her head, "Yeah, I just didn't realize it would be a full moon tonight. That's nice."

She brushed past him, "Kaitlyn and I are going to head to the Firepit. See you both there."

They arrived to see the sunset as the firepit was getting set up. The time was 7:22pm and Kaitlyn took out her phone and tried searching for cell service with no success.

"Finally get my phone back and it's just a big dumb brick," Kaitlyn frowned.

"I know that feeling," Alessia held her own phone in her hands, "At least it's smart enough to act as a GPS."