1 | cherry flavoured conversations

LOUIS 🎧

saturday, 12:34 am

"i'm just saying i don't understand why you had to pick the furthest place from london." will's voice spoke from my phone.

i rolled my eyes, dropping my bags on the floor of my room. i took a couple of seconds to myself, allowing myself to take it all in. it had been a while since i've been in here. in this house.

"paris is not the furthest place from london. i could've picked italy. or spain. or greece!" i listed, my voice pitching higher with every place.

"6 hours. 6 hours, louis. 295 miles! that's how far you are!"

"did you just search that up?"

"yes."

i tossed myself down on my squeaky bed, ignoring the specks of dust that flew up into the air. "well, someone has a serious case of separation anxiety."

"this isn't funny, louis. how long are you even planning on staying there? all alone. in that massive house. by yourself." i could hear the genuine in his voice underneath the sarcasm.

but the truth is, i didn't know how long i planned on staying here. i truly just needed a break. i wish i could be in two places at once.

in london for will, who clearly needs me more than i anticipated. and paris, for myself.

"i don't know, will. but it's not like you can't come and visit. i needed an escape from london. not from you."

i would never admit this out loud. but i was praying that he would accept the fact that i needed some time for myself. to focus on myself. i needed an escape from everyone.

he sighed from london. i could hear it. "yeah, all right. but your phone better be on at all times, partridge. i'm so serious."

laughing, relief washed over me in every aspect. "i brought like, 10 charger cords. that won't be a problem."

"good." he said, "i'll talk to you later?"

"talk to you later."

𐐪𐑂

plane rides are no less than draining. i was exhausted. i had crashed immediately after hanging up with william.

it's 9 am. mum woke me up with over 15 calls. she had hired help to clean up the house, and someone had to be up to let them in. ironically i'm the only one in the house.

not that i'm complaining, especially because of how much dust i inhaled when i slept last night.

so i had left the house, letting the team do their thing. i felt like i was in the way the whole time they were trying to clean.

i didn't mind roaming the streets of paris this early in the morning as much as i thought i would. people scrambled around, late to work, tourists stressing around. it was calming in a sense. because i knew i didn't have anywhere to be. i was in no rush. i was free.

finally.

occasionally i would get stares. people recognizing me every once in awhile, i kept my head down and my headphones in.

i appreciated the supporters, i really did. but i had been underneath the spotlight for long enough recently.

it was terrible that they could tell i wasn't in the spirit to interact with people. it was terrible that they could tell i didn't want to communicate. but i couldn't help but be grateful that they did.