4 | her future was me

SPENCER 🍒

tuesday, 11:19 am

i was panicking. if talking to him sends me into a full on crisis, how the hell am i supposed to spend any alone time with him?

it's impossible.

"i have to cancel, mae. i have to call him and cancel."

mae, who was tearing through my white painted wardrobe, laughed at me. "you can't call and cancel, spencer. you don't have his number, silly." she said, and i threw my head back onto my pillow. "plus i wouldn't let you!"

"i'm gonna throw myself off the balcony."

"fuck, where is it?!" maeve tossed items of clothing behind her, my clothes piling all over our room. she'd decided to open the shop later than what we'd usually open in order to help me get through one crisis at a time.

first crisis of the day: what i was going to wear for the rest of the day.

"what're you looking for?" i mumbled, asking as i looked up at our brick ceiling. my hair was still wet from my morning shower. usually i shower at night but due to these very unexpected plans... i had a change of plans.

mae groaned into my wardrobe, "it's red!"

"everything in my closet is red."

"yeah, that doesn't help, spence!" more items flew over her head, "and go blow dry your hair, he's probably going to be here soon!"

i rolled over, then again to the edge of my bed. i was too nervous to do anything. i had an overthinking episode last night. i only got about 3 hours of sleep. and i have a new pair of dark circles to thank for that. i was really going to have to pack on the concealer today.

dragging my feet to the bathroom, i ripped open our closet to grab the blow dryer.

i grinned as i plugged it in. last night louis was in here. shirtless. god, i'm such a child.

louis partridge was in my bathroom. (shirtless, in case you didn't know.)

my dark hair blew in all different directions, i worked the dryer all around my roots, my ends were already mostly dry.

new romantics by taylor swift played from the downstairs speakers, i could still hear it underneath my loud blow dryer. and maeve was still struggling in the background, all the piles of clothing were becoming safety hazards. i didn't even realize i had that many items of clothing.

there was now way for me to pick out what i was going to wear— i did not have the brain capacity today. and that is precisely the reason mae is the one choosing my outfit. maeve is a fashion god. there isn't a thing that girl can't do. i've known her for most of my life and she still has surprises hidden away from me.

after a couple of minutes of getting my hair taimed, i curled a few strands here and there to give my hair a nice texture to it. i kept my make-up simple— concealer, blush, eyeliner, mascara, brow gel and i'd put on a bit of lipgloss when i had my clothes on.

knowing maeve, she'd probably put my ass in a mini skirt the size of a belt... so i was a bit skeptical as i twisted the door to the bathroom open. but she wasn't up here anymore.