Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

I examined my hair in the mirror. I combed an annoying curl that was sticking out evidently. After I managed to tame it, I put the hairbrush back in its original spot. My (h/l), (h/c) hair matched perfectly with the outfit I carefully picked the night before.

I had to look the very best I could, it was the first day of high school after all.

I was lucky enough, actually. The few friends I had in middle school had decided to follow the same path as me, so we managed to all go to the same high school. It would have been a nightmare if I had to make new friends.

While I was quite nice to people, sometimes my defensive personality got the best of me, and that tended to drive others away from me. Not my friends though. Lily, from Liechtenstein, Elizabeta, from Hungary, and Michelle, from Seychelles, all knew that I didn't really mean any harm. Besides, I already trusted them all, so I was usually my kind and caring self with them.

I glanced at my watch.

'Seven o'clock already? Classes start at eight, but it takes me half an hour to arrive to school. Considering that I agreed to meet my friends fifteen minutes before the lessons start, I better get going.', I thought to myself.

I didn't feel like eating breakfast, so I just drank some water and headed outside. I smiled. It was quite warm for being in September, and the fairly clear sky always managed to brighten my mood. I started walking. Although I was relatively far from the building I was headed for, I always enjoyed a good morning stroll.

/./././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././.

After a long walk, I finally arrived. My new school had an enormous courtyard. A beautiful fountain stood at the centre of it. There were a variety of trees, including a large cherry one that was bound to look dazzling in the spring. I guess I had found my new favourite spot. Useful if I didn't feel like eating lunch in the cafeteria. I walked around for a while. I was so deep in thought that I almost didn't hear a voice calling me.

"Y/N, Y/N! It's so nice to see you again!".

It was Michelle. I smile at the cheerful brunette and hug her.

"It's great to see you too, but quiet down, people might stare at us. You know how annoying these... children, can be." I replied.

"There's barely anyone here yet, you worry too much," said a voice from behind me.

"Eli! You really have to stop appearing out of nowhere." I exclaimed with a hint of fake anger in my voice. As a response, Elizabeta simply smiled.

"Anyways - I continued - where is Lili, she should be here by now."

"She's coming with her brother, she told us to go ahead without her."

After Michelle's final remark, we entered the building. My locker was right next to Elizabeta's. To Michelle's dismay, hers was far from ours.

The halls were starting to fill up with students.

I saw a blonde girl chasing after a guy wearing a scarf, who was seemingly annoyed by her behaviour. I noticed a short-haired girl trailing behind them. She looked normal enough. Well, as normal as the students of this school could be.

A gang of three was talking in the middle of the hallway. One was blond, another brunette and finally there was an albino. They looked like idiots. Even so, I rather not have any enemies.

'Hopefully, I can actually get along with people. I doubt Lili, Elizabeta and Michelle will share all the same classes as me.'

"Hey, could we stop by the secretary, I have to ask about something," Elizabeta asked me.

I nodded my head in response and started walking.

/./././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././.

"Which class do you have first?" I asked the Hungarian girl.

"Let me check... I have math," she replied with a disappointed sigh.

"Well, it's not that bad," I replied.

"Easy for you to say! You actually understand it."

"Welp, I have science. I better get going. See you later with the others."

I walked away. I headed towards my locker again, this time to get the books.

"I'm going to have to reorganise this, there is absolutely no order whatsoever here..." I said to myself, looking at the things placed messily.

I took whatever I needed and turned around. That's the moment I realized, I had no idea where to go. I didn't know where the classrooms were. Now, I could have just asked others around me where the science room was, and thinking about it I could have also made a new friend, but my asocial self simply had to roam around in hopes of finding it. Looking back, that wasn't a really smart tactic.

I mostly looked around to see if anybody was holding the same books as mine, to then follow them to my destination. Unfortunately, it wasn't my lucky day. I continued walking in a random direction while contemplating what to do next. That was when I bumped into someone. My books fell to the ground.

He had an extremely light tone of blond hair, leaning towards silver. His purple eyes widened a bit at the unexpected contact. We stared at each other for a while.

"Watch where you're going!", we both mumbled at each other, a hint of annoyance in both voices.

We both looked at each other again. He looked like he was about to say something but he stopped. Oh, and there was another thing I noticed about him.

He was holding a science book.

/./././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././.

A/N: hey everyone, welcome to the very first fanfiction I decided to finish writing a chapter of! You can call me Katherine/Milan/Lombardy, and I'm the extremely horrible-at-time-management author of this story :D

Make sure to comment with any feedback you have to give to me <3 This is only the first chapter, I promise to write more (for I hate when fanfictions I like remain unfinished), and if I eventually don't want to write anymore I will draft a kind of ending so that I can officially say it's complete. Please be patient with the updates, but I'll try to write as frequently as I can.

Also, if there are any mistakes, please consider I'm not from an English-speaking country :')

Oh, and another thing. I have no idea how schools work around the world, so if things are not exactly accurate, just notify me :>

Bye for now :)