Chapter5

After that awkward discussion/ being reprimanded by Arthur, Emil parted ways with us, while I followed the english boy to his house. His place wasn't that far from the school, so we could go by foot. Just because it was walking distance though, didn't mean it didn't take a long to get there. We decided to pass through the centre of the city, firstly to buy more teabags, as apparently my friend had just realised he finished them. Secondly, I felt like strolling. The store Arthur had picked to buy the essence of his refined tastes was enormous. Shelves and more shelves of tea from the finest of brands. There were all kind of flavours: rose, black, green, vanilla and many more than you could imagine. Being quite a tea lover myself, even though I don't think I could ever reach the englishman's level of addiction towards that beverage, I enjoyed my stay over there. I ended up acquiring a small box filled with different tastes and scents. That is what I call money well spent. 

"Alright Y/N, ready to taste my delicious scones? I created a new recipe, since the last one didn't quite work out-" Arthur started, until he was interrupted by a certain frenchman.

"Ohon, mounton noir d'Europe, (black sheep of Europe in french) are you really trying to poison dear Y/N here? Nobody with at least the brain size of a goldfish would every want to eat your so called scones! I'm sure this new recipe is even worse than the last one. Y/N, ma cherie, do yourself a favour and eat my croissants instead, anything of mine is better than whatever he is going to give you!"

"What do you mean I'm trying to poison her, did you just insult my cooking?! You bloody moron, your dishes are absolutely disgusting! You eat snails for goodness' sake, snails! And as for your croissants, they are nothing compared to my scones," Arthur replied.

"Yes, you are correct mon ami, my croissants aren't comparable to your scones..."

"Hah, see? Even you agree with me now! Finally something intelligent has come out of that mouth of yours-"

"Because my croissants are a million times better!"

"Why you-"

I just took a step back and watched the two argue. By a step back, I mean I hid behind a building while still having a good viewpoint. People were starting to stare, it would have been embarrassing to be associated with either of them. That's when I heard my phone ping.

'I knew it' was what the message said. I unlocked my phone to see who it was. It wasn't an unknown number, as it had been saved, but I hadn't written down any name or nickname.

'You'd be late texting'

'I knew it'

Oh, I definitely knew who this was. It was the icy-cold Icelandic boy, my partner for the music project. Also, how could he say I was late texting?! I had last seen him a mere three hours ago, doesn't he know I actually have a life? I replied immediately. Well, not before saving his contact as icy-cold Icelandic boy. (:])

'I was going to do it later, when I arrived back home. We last saw each other three hours ago, I have a social life you know?!'

'I never would have guessed'

Wait, did he just insult me?

'Since apparently you have nothing better to do than texting me, I could just assume you were feeling lonely and desperately needed someone, like i don't know, ME, to talk to :)'

'You're the last person I'd want to be talking to'

'Then whose the first person you'd want to be talking to? You brother?'

'NO, NOT MY BROTHER'

'Do you hate him or something?'

'No I don't, but don't tell him that, it's not of your business'

'So, who would you be talking to right now, if not me?'

'...'

'...'

'My puffin.'

With that I burst out laughing. It wasn't to make fun of him, honestly I didn't really care if he talked to puffins or anything, but I really wasn't expecting this! That must have been one of the most enjoyable text-conversations I've had in my life. I decided to annoy him a bit more, so I replied:

'Puffins can't talk, someone you could have an ACTUAL conversation with'

'Mr. Puffin can talk. If he were here reading your messages you wouldn't hear the end of it.'

'His name is Mr Puffin?! Very original indeed, Mr. Steilsson. Also, I really doubt puffins can talk, unless you have a magic breed or something. So, unless you show it to me, I won't believe you.'

'Give me a break, I named the puffin when I was a child! He will surely come during our music sessions, there's no way of keeping him out. Anyways, you still haven't told me when we can meet, and where.'

'I'd say at either one of our houses, as long as you have a piano. I refuse to play on a keyboard, it's not the same thing. It is impossible to put any colours (emotion in music) into the piece.'

'I do have a piano, but I also have my annoying brother and friends who are basically family staying over. Unless you have siblings that are more obnoxious than mine, which quite frankly isn't possible, I'd rather go to your place.'

'Okay, fine. How does this weekend sound? We should probably decide the piece at school, at least try to learn it for Saturday. Like this we can get things done quicker.'

'What time?'

'How long are you expecting to stay over?

'As long as it takes to at least get one good performance'

'Let's just settle for 14:00 then, unless you have anything else planned.'

'No, 2pm is fine.'

'Anything else you have to ask? Soon Arthur and Francis will stop bickering, and I'll go have tea and scones with the English boy.'

'Just send me a video of the two fighting, they are hilarious when their bickering.'

'And that's coming from you'

'What's that supposed to mean?!'

I didn't reply to his inquiry, and just started filming. Not that I was doing it for Emil! You never know, either might say some useful information I could use if I ever needed to blackmail anybody- (No reader-chan, blackmail isn't good >:()

"Well anyways you bloody git, I've already wasted enough time and energy talking to you. I'm leaving, and I sincerely hope for the good of the world that idiotic brain of yours stops being so stupid, frog!"

"That's not very nice Arthur. Wait, I'm not done yet-"

Before Francis could conclude his sentence, Arthur came towards me, and we started speed walking to what I suppose was his house. As soon as we were away from the chaos, we went back to maintaining a normal speed.

"Sorry about the situation before, Y/N. He's always like that!", Arthur said, his voice full of frustration.

"Like what?", I asked.

"Always keen on insulting my cooking and disagreeing with me in general!" he replied.

"To be fair, the same could be said about you. Not that I don't think you  have a very valid reason for it. Honestly, if I were in the same position as you I'd do exactly as you are."

"You do have a point."

"But, how did it come to this? I assume you have known each other for much longer than you know me."

"Yes, you're right. I've known him since kindergarten. We never got along. Anyways, we'll do more of the talking when we're inside, in front of a delicious cup of tea and some scones."

With that, we entered his house.

A/N: I know I consistently disappear, but I promised to finish the story, so I'll finish it! It's not that I lack interest in Hetalia, I just never find or make the time for writing. I also got caught up with my Hetalia oc's and have developed an interest in history, specifically of my region:(Lombardy,Italy). See you in the next chapter :D If you have any suggestions, write them in the comments.