Chapter 3

Finally, it was lunch. I had surprisingly managed to find all of my classes (up to now, at least), arriving on time in each one of them. I had the fortune to share art with Lili and geography with Michelle. I also happened to be in Alfred's same English class, which wasn't too bad since we kind of met already, meaning I had a 'friend', but he sure was obnoxious and really loud! I was really considering telling him off, but settled for a 'lower your voice', which he did do after the teacher scolded him for the fifth time in the span of twenty minutes. Thinking back, I'm glad I opted for that, as he apparently deemed me 'cool' enough to invite me to a party he was throwing in three months. School just started and he's already thinking about that? Three months ahead of time? Well, anyways, the important thing is that I made another friend.

"Y/N, there you are! We've been looking for you!" said a voice I recognized all too well, but startled me nonetheless.

"Eli! I told you to stop doing that..." I replied.

"The expression on your face is priceless whenever I do it, I simply can't stop," she said with a smirk.

"Hey you two! I'm starving, hurry up and let's get something to eat," Michelle said before grabbing both my and Elizabeta's wrists and dragging us down the hallway.

"You have the appetite of an elephant," commented the Hungarian girl, which earned a "hmph" from our 'starving' friend. "Oh, and before you ask, Y/N – she continued- Lili is eating lunch outside with her brother"

"I should've guessed, he's really overprotective with her. If Lili isn't with us, she's with him." I said.

"Shush, save your energy and walk faster. I'm hungry, ordered Michelle in a joking but oddly serious voice, if that makes any sense.

"That's the most determined I've ever seen you, and we're talking about food!" I commented, earning a small chuckle from the Hungarian girl and a "my meals are the most important thing in the world" from my other friend.

Once we got our food we sat down at a table and started eating. While we were talking about the people we met and what happened in the various classes, I started mentally making a list of students I could start considering acquaintances or potentially friends. Yes, I was sort of obsessed at this point.

Elizabeta- one of my best friends, dangerous when near a frying pan, you don't want her as an enemy

Michelle- another one of my best friends, recently discovered her determination towards food, is simply Michelle

Lili- sweetest girl on earth, and part of our friend group. Gets along with everyone even though she is a year younger than the rest of us. (Yes, she skipped a grade)

Arthur- quite polite unless he's insulting others (*cough Francis, Alfred*cough). Then again, sometimes I feel like doing so myself. Pretty weird when talking about magic, otherwise I'd say we're basically the same. Wait, not really. I definitely don't have his eyebrows

Alfred- loud and I'd say obnoxious (and Arthur would agree), but manages to lighten the mood and almost made me laugh during English class. Clearly an extrovert and loves talking to people, could potentially introduce me to others (though I'm pretty content with the friends I currently have)

Francis- All I know is that he hates Arthur and Arthur hates him. He doesn't seem completely awful, but he didn't give me the impression of being a great person either... Let's just say I don't know him yet, we'll see

"I think that's all... Wait no. There's someone missing. The guy who accused me of stalking him but then also led me to the science classroom. To be fair we accused each other, but... that'sbesidesthepoint (that's besides the point). How was the silvery-blond haired student who plays the violin and has a puffin called? Oh, right..."

Emil. Emil Steilsson. He is...I don't know... rude and highly annoying? Yet meeting by bumping into each other and responding in a not-so-elegant-way isn't exactly going to make someone like you. He did save me from being late though. But his attitude towards me was not pleasant. He also deliberately sat as far away from me as possible. Does he hate me? I don't think so. I hope not. But... since when did I start caring about what people thought of me?!

"Hello? Earth to Y/N." was the phrase that brought me back to reality, uttered by the one and only Elizabeta. She has a talent in startling me.

I looked around. Only then did I notice that none other than Arthur Kirkland was arguing with Michelle.

"I wasn't the one who started it! You were the one who called me an eyebrow bastard." Said the English boy.

"You were bothering me!" replied the Seychellois (I had to search this up. I didn't know how people from Seychelles were called :')

"In what way?"

"Your presence is furtherly irritating me."

"Arthur, Michelle, if you two won't shut up this very moment I'm going to take Elizabeta's frying pan and use it on both of you!" I threatened. The Hungarian girl looked at me with a glint of approval in her eyes.

They both looked at me for a moment then mumbled a quiet "sorry".

"Wait how do you know her?" asked Arthur.

"Yeah, how do you know him?" added Michelle.

"I've known Michelle for, like, forever. As for Arthur, he is a friend I met in science. So get along." I stated, answering both questions.

They looked at each other, then at me.

"Fine," they both said in unison.

"Hey, eyebrow boy, stop repeating what I say," said Michelle.

"If anything you stop copying me," replied Arthur.

"I said it first!"

"No, you did not"

Elizabeta and I just looked at them. I felt like this was going to be a daily occurrence.

A/N: Ok,ok I know I said that I would lengthen the chapters, but I am literally writing in an airport with only 1 hour of free wifi while waiting for my plane. So... if it feels kinda nonsensical and rush, you know why :') See ya in the next chapter!