Chapter 2

'Maybe bumping into this guy wasn't that bad. He may tell me where the classroom is',I thought.

The boy had already started swiftly walking through the now half-empty hallway. 

"That is, if i don't lose sight of him", I muttered quietly to myself.

I started walking, increasing my pace, making sure to never take my eyes off the silvery-blond haired boy. I decided to just follow him. He was holding the book for my class, he was bound to go to science. Plus, i didn't want him to think I'm stalking him or anything, that's evidently not what I'm doing! Who knows what he might think, I didn't really have a positive first impression of the boy and I'm pretty sure he has the same thoughts about me.

"Why are you following me," said the blond turning around. 

"Why would I ever follow you? I'm just going to class like normal people do." I deadpanned. 

"Do you even know where you're going?" he asked, slightly smirking.

"..."

"So I was right. You were following me."

"J-just shut up! If anything, how do you  know where to go? Judging by the book you're carrying, you are, quite unfortunately, in the same class as me. "

"As if I were thrilled to be stuck in a room with you for at least an hour."

"Whatever, let's just go, the last thing I want is to be late the first day of school."

With that, the boy led the way in silence, while i trailed behind him. 

I was relieved to see that the lesson hadn't started. I took a seat next to the window, in the back row. I was lucky. Only a few seats were left, three to be exact,  and this was probably one of the best! Perfect for drawing during the lesson without the teacher noticing I'm not paying attention. 

The only other two places available were next to me and on the opposite side of the classroom. I noticed the boy I bumped into before take the spot in the front. I guess he really hated me. Who would miss the perfect opportunity to sit in the back row? Then again, the whole class basically arrived before me and left empty seats in the back. It also could be that he just really wanted to pay attention because he sucked at science. Sounds like a plausible excuse to me.

 Just then another blond boy, with oddly big eyebrows, rushed inside and sat beside me. 

"Ohonhonhon, Arthur, mon ami, you're running late today", said the blond guy I saw in the halls earlier with his albino and brunette friends, who was sitting in front of me. How many blond people are there in this school?!

"Says who, you bloody git! You were late for class half the time back in middle school, you shouldn't be the one whose talking!" replied the 'Arthur' guy.

"Francis, Arthur,  just shut up, both of you! Nobody wants to hear your stupid bickering! I bet the dudette over there is already tired of hearing you talking!" said another (guess what? Yes, blond) male with glasses sitting in front of  the one with eyebrows resembling caterpillars and next to 'Francis'. Oh, and the last part was directly referencing me. The three of them were now looking in my direction. Just then did I notice i was unconsciously staring at the three. Not knowing what to say, I just stayed quiet. But I did make sure to slightly roll my eyes. Nobody seemed to notice. Luckily, the teacher walked in that moment. Francis and glasses guy turned around.

The teacher introduced himself and, to 'get us to know each other better' we were split into pairs to have a conversation, but not before each of us, one by one, stood up and said their name and something about themselves. Essentially, social activities that look so simple, but in reality are what people judge you on. Let's just say I hate them. I mean, if I want to approach somebody I just approach them! No need for a class activity. Science looked more appealing in that moment.