Chicken (Little Yeonjun)

Little: Yeonjun

Caregivers: TXT (mostly Soobin)

Soobin POV

Cooking.

Now I may not be a professional chef, but I can cook a thing or two.

For an episode of our variety show, we need to work as a team to make a food dish given to us.

As they were setting up for filming, I went to go make sure everyone was ready.

Kai and Beomgyu were deciding which shirts looked better and then they would be ready. Taehyun was already downstairs, invested in the set-up process.

I went into Yeonjun's room, pushing open even more the slightly opened door. I was met with the cutest sight I had ever seen.

Yeonjun was putting on a pair of shorts while trying to keep the baseball cap he had on his head. He was pouting because it was difficult, which was cute. Anyways, I decided to help him.

"You need help Yeonjun hyung?"

He stopped and looked at me, almost like he was about to cry.

"Appa, help Junie...please."

My heart almost jumped out through my soul from how cute he sounded. He was in little space again for the first time in a few weeks.

"Of course, let appa help you."

I helped the cute little to put on his shorts. I straightened out the rest of his clothes, and fixed his hair before putting his baseball cap back on.

"Thank you appa. Junie happy!"

"You're welcome sweetie."

I quickly messaged the others to let them know Yeonjun was in his headspace, and would probably stay like this when we're supposed to film. It wasn't a problem though. MOA knew about Yeonjun's little space after a concert last year, and were happy to accept him.

I was excited to get to film a variety show episode with little Yeonjun. After the Ateez livestream with little Yeosang, I knew this had to be good too.

Pretty soon the setup was done. Everyone was gathered downstairs as we started.

Beomgyu was the host of this episode, and was reading out our mission.

"Alright! TXT, you will be making a recipe from the beginning. With the given name, you must collect ingredients and cook this recipe within three hours!"

Everyone seemed excited.

"You have three hours to make....Chicken Parmesan!"

We all quickly exited the house, making our way to the grocery store.

Little Yeonjun was in the passenger seat next to me, with the other three members in the back. The cameraman was in the back, filming. When we got to the store, we rushed in, the cameramen following behind.

I took Yeonjun to the section with the frozen food. He picked up two packs of Chicken and put them in the basket. We didn't need that much, but he looked so proud of himself I couldn't tell him to put one back.

We met up with the others who placed a bunch of ingredients in the basket. We got to the aisle with the pasta sauce and Kai used Yeonjun to reach the top be lifting him up.

After grabbing everything, we ran to the checkout, and self-scanned everything.

We spent 32 minutes in the store.

"Appa! Can I make pasta?"

"As long as someone helps you baby, yes."

"And chicken?"

"You can help if you want."

Yeonjun had a mischevious smile on his face as we arrived home. Everyone entered the kitchen and began their tasks. Yeonjun was helping Kai make the pasta as Beomgyu started to boil the water and prepare seasonings.

Taehyun and I were cleaning the chicken and getting ready to season it.

What we didn't expect was what happened next.

Beomgyu had started to heat up the oil to fry the chicken breast. In an effort to help, Yeonjun grabbed a piece of raw chicken, and threw it into the hot oil.

All I heard was a scream before I turned around to see Beomgyu holding his arm, and Kai running from the kitchen, covering his hand.

Yeonjun looked shocked, he stood there was the hot oil popped all over the stove. We grabbed him and left the kitchen as the staff tried to control the potential fire hazard.

Beomgyu POV

I was thinking of 85 different curse words all starting with the letter F when I was taken from the kitchen. The heat on my arm was still there as I was clutching it, afraid to look at it.

I saw Kai run to the washroom covering his hand, hopefully he's okay.

Soobin was scolding Yeonjun, and the poor little was about to cry. I hated seeing him sad, but he should know not to do that. We could have been hurt even worse.

The staff attended to my arm. Luckily it was only a surface burn and not too bad.

They helped Kai when he came from the washroom, he has a surface burn on his left hand and wrist.

Soobin made Yeonjun apologize and placed him on punishment for the ret of the week. Taehyun was making sure everyone was okay.

"How's your arm?"

"It's fine. Is Yeonjun okay?"

"Yeah, he's just upset. He knows it was wrong."

"Maybe next time, we wait until he's not in his headspace?"

"Good idea."