The Girl Who Died

(Friday, Sept. 13th)

I woke up to my alarm clock. I jumped straight up and banged it, but not without wincing a tad. "Take it easy Ginny. Don't kill yourself today cause it's your best friend's bday," I mumbled to myself.

I took one look at my crutches leaning against the wall, and scowled at them. "Ginny! Your doctor's appointment is in 15 minutes!" my mom yelled from down below. That's when I looked at the clock for a double take, then realized that it was not 6:30 am, but 8:00 am now. Don't you love not remembering having a doctor's appointment?

I quickly got dressed, took the crutches with me(just in case I needed them), and headed downstairs. "Someone's anxious to get off the crutches," my mom laughed. "I've been on these way too long!" I pointed out.

"Anyways, you ready?" she asked as I nodded. I followed her to the car, and threw my crutches in the backseat. "Here's to no more crutches," I said as my mom laughed.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't make it to school till about 10:00 am, which was in the middle of 3rd period. Gym class being the first class of the day was actually not that bad. I walked over to Daisy(crutches free I might add) to wish her a happy bday.

She was too busy chatting with a few girls, so I waited on her to finish. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, making me turn around. "Hi John," I said. He looked awful to be totally honest with you. He had bags under his eyes, but he looked awfully happy.

"Hey Ginny! Just wanted to let you know that congrats on getting off your crutches!" he said. "Uh thanks John," I said quietly. "Ginny!" I turned around, but before I did, I glanced at John who had an eerie look on his face now.

"Happy bday Daisy!" I said. "Thanks G! So, are you ready for tonight?" she asked. "I've been ready," I told her. "But first, I hope you are ready for what I got planned for you later," I smiled. Her eyes popped with excitement, and I just laughed.

Classes zoomed by that day, and soon it was lunch. I was sitting alone, since everyone else was in the lunch line. Suddenly, John sat down across from me. "Ready for tonight?" he asked. "Actually, yes. Heard they're playing a few horror movies tonight for us," I told him.

"Is he giving you trouble?" Alex asked, sliding in beside me. "Actually, we were talking about the party the school was throwing tonight," I told him. "Even with a serial killer on the loose, I still can't believe they're throwing one," Alex shook his head in disappointment.

"As long as you're not in a small group where he can pick you off, you should be safe in the gym where everyone is," John replied. Something about the tone of John caught me staring at him, where he just looked at me, startled.

"Exactly! We'll be safe in that gym," Alex replied, not even paying attention to John and me. Everyone else soon joined us, leaving John in an awkward situation. "Guess I'll see you guys later tonight," he said cheerfully.

I stared at him as he left. Something about him was picking at me, and I knew something or someone knocked him off his rocker. I decided I'd talk to him later tonight, alone if possible. But first, I had to distract my best friend.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

7th period, where I have free time. I was walking(sometimes limping slightly) with Daisy. As soon as we passed room 13, my heart dropped. Hoping she wouldn't see it, I walked on the other side of her. She noticed this, looking at me curiously.

"Why are you swapping sides?" she asked curiously. "I like talking to you from your right instead of your left side," I lied. That's when she glanced at room 13. "You didn't want me glancing at this room?" she laughed.

"Well, you know it's closed and all," I said. I was really sweating bullets internally right now. "True. I bet there's spiders all in that room, and you know I hate spiders," she shuddered. "Yeah." We walked quietly for a few more minutes, before I broke the silence.

"Speaking of, you know Skylar Green?" I asked her. "What about her? She's been dead for 20 years now..." she trailed off. "I don't mean the actual person. I meant my brother making an Instagram account based on her name," I said.

"Oh that! Yeah he thought it would be cool to make an account for like a memorial of her or something," she said. "You told me it was a dude. You even showed me a picture of him," I frowned. "Yeah... about that," she chuckled.

"Your brother did that so you wouldn't know that he liked me. He didn't want to ruin our friendship, so he kept quiet," she explained. "And how long has this gone on?" I inquired. "2 years," she replied sheepishly.

"T-TWO YEARS?!" I accidentally yelled in disbelief. "Yeah. Sorry about that," she said apologetically. We entered the girl's bathroom, with Skylar Green on my mind. A few minutes later, we left the bathroom.

"Can I see what she looks like?" I asked her, causing her to jump. She pulled her phone out, and showed me. "This was on my brother's Instagram?" I asked her, looking at her. "It was his profile picture at one point," Daisy replied.

I looked at the girl. 16, young, had a whole life ahead of her. She had brown hair that fell just past her shoulders, twinkling green eyes, and a beautiful smile. In the picture, she had her legs crossed, her arms on her lap. She was looking up at the camera, her face full of life.

I pushed the phone back to Daisy, trying not to tear up. "You ok Ginny?" she asked. "Who killed her?" I asked, even though I knew who it was. "Richard Rovel. They were very close friends, but he grew obsessed of her and he snapped. You know the rest of the story..." Daisy trailed off.

"Why do you care about this again?" she asked me. "No reason," I lied. "Anyways, let's go back to class. Then, when school ends, we can do whatever for your bday until the school's party," I said excitedly.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------