Epilogue/The Funerals

(A few days later)

The next two days were fun. I had lost so much blood, it took the hospital a few hours to find the blood for me. Then, when I finally felt close to myself again, police were sent in to question me on everything I had seen that night. I told them each description of the bodies, to the noise I heard downstairs(when I was upstairs in Room 4), to everything the man had said.

Drew, poor guy, was so heartbroken. He would talk to absolutely nobody, and I don't blame him. I remember I was the same way when I had lost my dad and brother... I was discharged from the hospital about 3 days later, and every afternoon I would go to the Mays'.

I was still kind of weak, but I made sure to be there for Drew. He eventually started talking again after a while, and I will admit it was a good thing for the both of us. I honestly think if it weren't for me being able to stay awake and passing out seeing all those bodies, Drew and I would both be dead, and he would've gotten away.

I had soon learned all five funerals would be in two days. To prepare myself for the occasion, and for their memories, I dyed my hair red/black, leaving my natural blonde hair with it. Picture me in a ponytail, and my hair color(blonde up top, black is in the middle, red down low), and that's what it looked like.

I mostly did it for Drew, but I knew Ginny would be laughing at how much of a mess my hair would look like. I just smiled to myself, causing a suspicious look from my boyfriend. "You ok there Emily?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah. Just thinking of something," I told him. I spent the night with Drew every day till the funeral of his brother and sister. When I awoke the day of, it hit me all at once. Hoping not to wake Drew up, I went to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me, and sighed deeply.

The funerals would be in a few hours, so I decided to get ready. I had a change of clothes in here previously, so it would be easy to change in to. I got in the shower, and didn't come out till Drew knocked on the door. "Emily? You alright in there?"

It sounded as if he had been crying. "Yeah!" I yelled over the water. "Can I come in?" he asked. I nodded like an idiot, knowing he couldn't see me. My face turned red, but luckily it didn't last. "Yes Drew," I said. I heard the door open, then his voice again.

"I appreciate everything that you've done for me," he said. I held back tears; then again, it wouldn't have mattered since I was in the shower. "Drew, I just did what I could," I replied. "You did a lot more than you know you did. You nursed my sister when she broke her leg, you helped my brother with his dating problems. You saved my life by risking yours. Without you, I don't know where I'd be."

I noticed he was crying now. I turned the water off, and quickly grabbed the towel on the toilet seat, wrapping it around me. I turned to face my boyfriend, who looked so distraught. I then hugged him, and I bet it lasted five minutes at least.

"Drew, I did all of that because that's the type of person I was. I still am that person, for I won't change that part of me. I helped you, your siblings, Daisy, Alex, even John when he was upset. I know times are tough now, but just know they all are looking down on you. You carry their legacy just as much as I do. Don't forget that," I told him after we parted.

"Y-You're right. I love you Emily Evans," he said. He stepped forward and kissed me deeply, which I gladly kissed him back as deeply. All these emotions, and the funerals haven't even started yet. We parted again, both blushing furiously.

"I guess I should get dressed," I chuckled. "You still look beautiful though. Clothes or no clothes," he joked. I gave him a playful shove. "Just go get ready mister," I told him, trying to cover my blush. "Yes ma'am," he saluted. I saw him leave as I started to dry myself off. These funerals are going to be a trainwreck.