CH2

Continuation of Jossie's POV:

'Jossie Run!'

The voice was like an angel. I didn't recognize it nor did I know where it was coming from. But, it made me realize I needed to run. I glanced around for a way to get out of this mess. Mother wasn't too far from me. If I just... have enough force to kick and distract her... And, Matthew... Glancing at him I could see he was a few feet from me. I knew what I had to do. If it didn't go as planned... Either way I am dead. I have to try.

"I'm sorry mother," I whispered under my breath. "I hope I can make you see that I'm innocent. But, for now... forgive me for what I'm about to do." Maybe I can one day come home and be respected for the hardships I've lived up to. One day I will make my pack understand what kind of monsters they've been to me. Looking up at my mother and into her eyes... I found them empty. They were void from any sort of sympathy. I'm her daughter... the least she could be right now is sorry. Sorry its come to this. I am her daughter. Where is the love she's supposed to have for me? I wish she was different. I wish I wasn't such a burden to her.

I reached up and swatted the gun. Causing it to fly across the stage. Turns out my mother didn't have a grip on the pistol like I thought she would. It went off suddenly and shot a prop on the stage, aimed right for a sign. It tumbled over. But, the gun going off was enough of a distraction. Everyone screamed and scattered like rats. I scrambled across the stage and grabbed the gun. I didn't know much about shooting one... But, I picked it up and aimed down Matthew. He was right on my trail until that point. He threw his hands up quickly.

"Jossie," he called out cautiously.

"BACK UP!" I yelled in panic. I felt my heart racing so much I thought I was on the verge of a heart attack. Matthew stepped away from me in obedience.

"Jossie, be careful with that," he warned. He knew I never held one before. But, I gripped onto it with both hands and aimed down his chest for a better target.

"Call everyone off," I warned as I stared at my mother out of the corner of my eye. She was just now standing up. I suppose she ducked down when the gun went off. "Or Matthew will be my next victim." I could hear pack members coming back to the stage slowly. They stayed in a shocked silence. My mother straightened out her black pencil skirt. She held her head up high as she looked out at the crowd.

"You heard her," she said softly. "Everyone back away and give them some space." The crowd done as told and I waited as they stepped away from the stage at a good distance. I looked back at Matthew to make sure he wasn't sneaking up on me. He h+

ad stayed in the same position. I was grateful for it. I need to get away from here. Safely. I looked at the safety that was still off on the gun. I need to be careful.

"N-now I'm going to take Matthew with me," I began my demands. "No one follows us." I looked at Matthew. He was bigger than me... I was afraid he'd overpower me at any moment but... he's the only loophole I can think of. If I use anyone else... I might be tackled and stuck as a victim again. "Lets go," I demanded. "Down the stage. EVERYONE move out of the way," I ordered. Matthew threw his hands up as I stepped towards him. "GET GOING!" I shouted. I could tell he was afraid of the gun. I looked at my mother to make sure she wasn't moving. She was still at a distance from us. I looked back at Matthew and together we stayed at the same distance as we got off the stage. People backed away from us. I made sure to keep my distance from the crowd but also from Matthew. If I got too close he might be able to disarm me. I knew he was intelligent when it came to disarming. He was a pack warrior after all. Everyone gasped as they moved away. Scared I would shoot them.

I felt like my heart was going to burst. I was scared of myself and of everyone around me. I tried not to let it show. I didn't want to give myself away. But, my hands shook uneasily from the weight of the gun. I wasn't use to it. "Matthew," I called out. "Head back towards the house." At the house I would get the spare money from the cookie jar. It would have enough for me to live on for two or three months. I'd also grab my dad's keys for his car. I could drive it out of town and keep going. I'll grab my father's wallet to take with me. I don't have time to pack a bag of clothes. I'll have to pick up a job quick wherever I end up at.

This is it... I'm a rogue now.