Chapter Six [Sue]

When I woke up Malcolm and Kore were already awake. They had made breakfast for us and set the table up. When I look around the room, I feel a panic surge through me. I have no idea where I am. I know I'm with Kore and Malcolm but no memory of getting here. The last thing I remember is running through the woods with Gladys, after that little to nothing.

"Kore?" I look up at him as he walks around the corner.

"Hey," he sits beside me. He's speaking gently to me like I'm a hurt child. "Are you feeling any better?"

"I guess?" I look really confused and he picks up on it.

"Do you remember last night?" He rubs my arm gently as he helps me sit up. My legs feel like jello.

"No... I mean I remember running through the woods with Gladys." I freeze up. "Is Gladys alright?!"

"Yep! She's across the hall in her room! I went to check on her earlier!" Malcolm chimes in as he sips his tea.

I let out a sigh of relief. When I look back at Kore, he seems conflicted. I can't remember what happened, so it must have been pretty bad. I look back over at Malcolm, he seems a lot happier than usual, which is very strange for the situation we're in.

"Do you..." Kore starts but he seems very hesitant. "Do you want me to tell you what happened?"

"If I can't remember it I'm probably better off not knowing it." I nudge his arm and he smiles gently at me. I've accidentally dug up memories in the past, and it's never a good idea. "Malcolm seems happier than normal. Do you know what happened to him?"

"Uhhh, nope. Not at all." Kore turns bright red and hops up. He heads to the table. He puts a hand on Malcolm's shoulder as he leans over him to grab my plate. Malcolm smiles up at him.

"Oh. I see." I smirk as Kore hands me the plate of food. "Did you two finally make it official?"

Malcolm looks over at kore looking for an answer. Kore looks between the two of us glaring at Malcolm for putting him on the spot. I laugh at the two of them and they both blush.

"We haven't got that far into the talk yet. We plan to though." Kore looks at Malcolm.

"So it's a pending official." I sigh. "I'm going to start introducing you two as boyfriends from now on."

"Deal." Malcolm spits out as Kore blushes.

I laugh and eat. Kore goes back to the table and eats his food. He pops his head up to look at me. He puts his hand over his mouth trying to finish chewing so he can tell me something. He points to some clothes folded beside me on the nightstand.

"There are some clothes. We bought them yesterday," he smiles. "You can take a shower after you finish eating!"

"Yesterday? How long have I been asleep?"

"You slept through the afternoon and night," Malcolm says between bites. "We are at Endmear."

"Sue..." Kore looks down at the floor dogging my eyes. "Totem is completely destroyed. I won't tell you about what we saw unless you want me to, but it's gone."

I let out a breath. I should be feeling more than this, but I can't bring myself to feel anything but exhaustion. Even if I slept an entire day I feel so tired. When I finish eating I put my plate on the table and go to take a shower.

When I come back Kore has a backpack that he's putting some things in. I noticed his outfit and started clapping. He looks up at me and smiles, he gives me a twirl. Malcolm claps too.

"That's such a pretty dress!" I laugh and clap.

"Thanks!" He flaps his arms.

There are pastel lace pieces that connect from the bottom of the dress to his arms and hands. It creates a cape looking piece that moves with his arm. The base of the dress is white and tightens around his waist. There is a piece of the dress at his chest that is cut out. On someone with a larger chest it would show their cleavage, but on kore it sits flat against his chest. His hair compliments the pastel cape.