chapter 1

You (narrating): Every year we always go stay at Susannahs beach house in cousins and I was so excited this summer. This wasn't just some normal summer like every other, this was the first summer after something big happened. My glow up. So much has changed since the last time we were in cousins. I changed so much. I'm just so ready to go back and see everyone. Mostly Jere. Ever since I was 13, on my 13th birthday me and him shared a moment and I could just never get him out of my head for weeks and then we started talking so much more away from summer, we would face time every night, we would always find a time to talk to each other. I've always had a thing for him. No one really knows except for Belly of course, because she's my older sister and we tell eachother everything. Like when she first started liking Conrad, but that was ages ago, she had liked Conrad since she was 6! And then Steven never talks to us about anything anymore, but we see the way he looks at Riley, which is the fishers daughter, shes the same age as me, we're 16, and belly is 17, Jere is 17, Conrad is 19, and Steven is 17. Me and Riley are BEST friends. Her belly and I all have been friends since mom introduced us to the fishers, that was around when we were 5. Deep down I've always felt something for Jere. And a lot of people know, i just don't understand how he doesn't. And I always will have something for him. My summer wish is just to be something with Jere. That's all I wish, but with everything with Conrad, it's gonna be kind of hard. Well We made it to the fishers beach house! I can't wait to see Jere!!

*you pull up to the house, you see Jere standing there and you run out and jump in his arms, he picks you up and spins you around, for about 10 seconds u stare into his eyes*

You: JERE BEAR!!!
Jere: AHH Y/N!! i missed you so much, I can't wait to spend the whole summer with you.
You: me too Jere, me too.

*you touch his face and then Steven yells*

Steven: Okay y/n, that's enough of Jere for you it's my turn!!

*Steven runs and give jere a big hug*

Riley: Oh my gosh Y/n????
you: RILEYYYYYY!!!! OH MY GOSH I MISSED YOU!
Riley: Oh my god, You look so different, I mean I saw pictures and FaceTime but like this is crazy to see you in person! Oh my gosh your gorgeous!
You: Riley stoppp!!! I missed you so much!
Riley: I missed you so much, and there's so much I have yo catch u up on.

you: Yeah we have so much to catch up on, I'm gonna go say hi to Connie and Susannah!
Riley: Okay

*you walk away*

You: Conrad?
Conrad: No way! Y/n?
you: long time no see.
Conrad: Wow-
You: okay quit being weird and give me a hug!

*you hug Conrad*

Conrad: definitely not little Y/n anymore.
You: hahah okay, I'm gonan go find the others, I'll catch up later!
Conrad: Uh, yeah- yeah.

*he looks at you*
*you smile and run into Jere*

Jere: Y/n!!
You: Jere bear!!
Jere: hey um you also look really pretty by the way. not that haven't it's just, uh- I don't know.

*you giggle*

you: thanks jere
Jere: what do you say, meet up tonight at the beach, me and you? let's say 9?
You: oh yeah yeah sure!

*your mom calls your name*

You: see you there jere bear!

* you smile and kiss him on the cheek*

jere (in his head): oh my god I've never felt this way for anyone, I can't screw up tonight!
Susannah: Y/n???
You: SUSANNAH!!!

*you run up and hug her*

You: I missed you so much
Susannah: okay I mean you've always looked gorgeous but y/n!! You have changed so much! Your gorgeous!
You: Man I missed you so much susannah.
Susannah: I missed you way more. Okay we'll go get ready for dinner, I'll save you a spot next to Jere!