Chapter 4-Dream walking

Rain fell heavy from above. It splashes on the ground, bursts into many parts, and splashes puddles on the wet ground.

Its droplets splashed against a lone figure, the figure of a young boy. Water drops flow down his face, and most aren't from the rain, but from his eyes.

He slowly walks down a lone wooden path, all around him water bobs, like a river filled to the brim till it touches the bridge built over it. It was dark, cold, and ghost-like, but the child continues walking down the lone path. There was nothing but darkness and emptiness in front and behind him. The path seems to be blocked by mist, preventing him to see what was behind or in front of him. The mist moves along with him like it was following his footsteps. It only allowed him to see what it wanted him to see.

Around him, whispers and low screams echo all around him. Each voice's whisper is discouraging, telling him to turn back, run, and hide. But he continues down the path and looks forward like he was expecting something to arrive or happen in front of him.

Then, he saw it! In front of the mist ahead, he saw a small glimpse of light within the mist. He squirmed his eyes to see further out. It was small, barely visible, its glow was like an ember from a dying fire, small and weak. But it was a glow of light never the less.

The boy then, with a newfound surge of determination, ran forward. His footsteps splash formed puddles. The whispers and screams slowly begin to get louder. It turns from faint sounds to loud bellows, each screaming its own discouraging words, each trying to get the boy to stop and turn back.

But the boy continued down the pathway, the rain fell stronger, and the voices got louder. Objects now flew out from within the mist, crumpled paper balls, books of all sizes and thicknesses, empty bottles and cans, and a few chairs and a vase. Each hitting, some cause him to flinch in pain, and others bounce harmlessly off him.

But the boy continuedly determinately continues down the path. His steps echo throughout the empty quiet void. His breaths were heavy but quick. Even so, he continued to run down the path. The light in front slowly became brighter and brighter.

Eventually, the voices hushed and the objects stop emerging from the mist. The mist slowly moved aside and there, in the center of the path, was a huge ball of glowing white light. But in front of the light were two figures, their bodies blocking the pathway to the light, their shadows forming from the light stretched and enlarged. One had the shape of a female while the other seem to be a male. Both their faces and hair drain of any sort of color.

Upon seeing the two figures, the boy took a step back. He didn't seem to recognize the two figures, but his body was telling him those two were dangerous.

Suddenly, the path behind collapsed. It sunk deep down creating a hole. The water around fell into the hole. A cold chilling feeling emitted from the hole sending every single strain of hair on the boy to stand straight.

The boy turns to the figures in front of him. He was trapped between two unknown figures and a bottomless hole that led to somewhere unpleasing.

"P-pl-please-e" the boy stared, trying to plea with the figures. "c-could you-o l-l-let-t me pass?"

The male figure simply scoffs; "The worthless Deku having the audacity to plea before us? Should we *****?" he asked harshly the female figure next to him. The female figure simply stared at the boy, before turning around and walking towards the light.

The boy felt as if he had been stabbed in the back. He didn't know why but it hurt more than he thought it would have.

The girl then turns her back on him and walks right into the light. The boy, on the other hand, seems to approach the boy while cracking his knuckles.

"Well well well, poor Deku. All alone, like the useless weakling, he is." The boy took a step back in fear. His foot was millimeters away from the hole.

Both the figure's hands begin to glow with immense light, intense heat begins to radiate from his palms.

"Where do you think you're going Deku? Come back here for your 'lessons'."

The boy stars, frozen in fear as the figure lunges at him, his blazing palms alight screaming:

"DIE!"

But before he was hit by the impact, the ground below the boy collapsed and caused the boy falls backward, right into the hole.

Regards,
BMXK7669.