Chapter 15- Subconscious prison

A single figure covered in darkness wanders around. It walks forward aimlessly, with no clear direction of what it's after, or where it was going. It walks forward, it's back hunching over, head looking down. Its silhouette is roughly the shape of a young child.

It didn't what it was doing here? Why it was wandering through the darkness? Who it was or what it was? Or---

*Waahhh~ wahhh~*

The figure froze at the cry. It turns its head towards the cry. Through the darkness, a room that seems to be a hospital materializes within the darkness. A single woman with flowing green curly hair sat in the hospital bed wearing a hospital gown, two newborn children wrapped in a blanket, one crying while the other one slept in her arms. On the side of her bed sat a thin tall man on a metal stool with blond hair who was also in a hospital gown, holding a metal pole with a blood bag attached. A UV drip was connected to his arm as blood flowed through it into the man's arm.

"Toshinori dear, would you like to hold one of them?" the woman in bed asked.

"No dear, *cough cough* I'm too weak for that now." the man replied, coughing out blood as he grip the pole tightly.

The woman nodded her head understandingly. She then lightly shook her arm with the crying infant gently.

"Shu~ Shu, it's alright. Mummys here," she said, cooing the child to sleep.

Soon, the child had stopped crying and was cozying up in its mother's arms.

"What should we name them?" the woman asks the man without taking her eyes off the child.

"Don't ask me. You know I'm the worst at coming up with names that sound generic." protested the man.

"Okay, how about I name the first one, and you name the other? Are you fine with that?"

"Yes, I am."

"Okay. Umm, I'll name the boy, Izuku. I-Z-U-K-U."

"That's a beautiful name dear."

"Okay, now it's your turn."

"Oh! Um, okay, for the girl, how about Izumu? I-Z-U-M-U."

The woman gives a deadpan look at the man.

"You're serious?" she asks him with a somewhat serious look on her face.

"What?! It sounds great!" defended the man.

"It's exactly like the boy's name! All you did was change the K with an M!"

"It isn't that bad!"

"Toshinori, you can't be that uncreative! Come on, we're giving them the names that they'll be called for the rest of their life! Think HARDER Toshinori."

"Umm~ Okay. Brrrmmm~~. What about, no that sounds dumb. URRRRRR. AH! What about Izumi?"

The woman thought for a while before sighing.

"At least that sounds better than the first."

She then turns her head toward the two infants in her arms.

"Well hello there Izuku and Izumi," she said, with a warm smile.

The figure in darkness only stood, watching as the family seemingly celebrated over their newborns. It felt a tingle of familiarity but push it aside. Turning away from the hospital scene, it continues to walk straight forward into the darkness. As it continues to walk forward, the darkness around it begins to contort, twisting into thin coils of dark wisp and spinning out of the way of the figure. Light pierces through the wisps of darkness, slowly pushing the darkness away, and clearing an area several feet ahead of the figure approaching. The light pushes the dark wisps forward, and through the light, a house forms.