The Beginning

Hello! This is my first story, so only constructive criticism is welcome! No flames please! Any who, I don't know how often I'll be updating with school and all. It will depend on if you guys and gals like the story and want more! I also apologize for any grammatical errors and the shortness of the beginning chapters. They should get longer as I go on. Ok, enough chit chat, on with the story!

"Time to wake up, my lord," my butler, Sebastian, calls to me as he does every morning. I groan and cover my face with my arm to prevent the sun from interfering with my sleep. Demons don't need sleep, but I still hold onto some human traditions.

I block out Sebastian as he continues his morning routine of telling me my schedule. Instead, I shift my gaze to look out the window. Just outside was a glorious garden, filled to the brim with all sorts of beautiful, exotic flowers. It was the first order I gave Sebastian as soon as we moved into this deserted mansion we now call home. A large majority of the flowers were pink. They were all her favorites. Every time I look, all I can think of is her. My dearest Elizabeth. Her aged human soul, claimed by the Grim Reapers long ago. Every time I think of how I simply left her, not thinking of the consequences, I feel guilt gnawing at my stone heart. I never imagined that I would miss her that much. And to think, I am doomed to spend the rest of eternity feeling this pain. I simply couldn't accept that. I was snapped out of my musings when Sebastian had finished dressing me and had started talking to me.

"My lord? Is every thing alright? You seem to have something on your mind."

"I'm fine, Sebastian. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong," I snapped.

"Very well. Breakfast will be in the dinning hall. Come when your ready, " and with that, he combed through his jet black hair with his fingers and turned on his heel and walked out of the room. I sighed to myself and lazily fell back onto the bed. Life was so boring nowadays. It was the same thing over and over agin. Wake up, think about Lizzie, eat, think about Lizzie, hunt and complete missions for souls to eat later on, think about Lizzie, mope in the gardens about Lizzie, and go to sleep thinking about Lizzie. Knowing that she is already dead didn't help my ongoing depression. Suddenly, I abruptly sat up. I needed to know if she was really dead or not, and I had an idea on how to find out. I needed to know what happened to her, if she lived a happy life after my disappearance or if she suffered as I am now. I needed to visit some old friends, the Grim Reapers.

"Sebastian!" I yell his name as I storm into the dining room.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Clear the schedule for today. I have something that I need to do."

"And what would that be?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We are going to visit the Grim Reapers. I need to look in their library of soul tapes." Even as he looked disgusted at the fact that he had to see Grell again, he kneeled on one knee.

"Very well, my lord."

I smirked, satisfied with his reaction. I sat down to eat, contemplating our next move. Soon, my thoughts about Elizabeth will either be put to rest, or set aflame.