someone else

billie awoke in a pool of her own sweat, confused. she sat up and looked around, only for her four walls to stare right back at her. "no, no, no." she whispered as she buried her face in her hands. "dream. it was all a dream." she kept repeating to herself as she sobbed into her hands.

of course she wasn't with y/n. why would she ever like billie back? y/n was everything billie could dream of - she was pretty, understanding, hot, caring, sweet, loving, had literally the best personality and matched billie's energy so well. she was perfect. not to mention, she was the one person who actually made billie feel emotions. she made her feel happy. ecstatic. joyful. but billie wanted to be more than friends.

she couldn't take this anymore, it was too much. but what could she do? she couldn't just magically build up the courage to go tell y/n that she liked her. and what would she even say? "hey y/n i know we're like best friends but i'm in love with you so marry me." shaking her head, she groaned as she wiped her tears away and rested her back against the headboard.

there was a slight knock on the door before maggie swiftly opened it, smiling lovingly at her daughter. "oh, you're already up! i was just about to wake you. you have a few interviews today, one of them is really important. so make sure you get dressed on time."

billie sighed and just hummed in response while her mom gave her all the details about her interviews. billie really wasn't listening, she had other things on her mind.

when maggie finally left, billie let out a loud sigh and got out of bed, getting ready for the day. this gave her plenty of time to think. and that's exactly what she did. by the time she was out, she had convinced herself that it was really stupid of her to be avoiding y/n. after all, she was her best friend. maybe she could hang out with her when she had time. surely it wouldn't be that bad.

suddenly her phone dinged with a message. sighing, she opened it.

y/n
billie i miss youuuu we haven't hung out in so long

billie
i miss you too :(

billie
i'd love to meet up but i have a ton of work today

y/n
you say that everyday

y/n
i'm starting to think you're lying

billie
i swear i'm being honest this time

billie
i'll come over if i have the time, i promise

smiling, she placed her phone back down. she missed talking to y/n and she knew she made the right decision to stop avoiding her. a few seconds later, y/n had texted her once again.

y/n
okay, and also i have newssss

billie
spill?????

y/n
okay SO

y/n
i think i like someone??
read at 8:29 am

billie's heart dropped to her ass as she read that one text over and over again, hoping she'd read it wrong. tears immediately crowded her eyes as she threw her phone across the room, not giving a fuck about the fact that it could break. she tried wiping her tears away, only for more to flow. she banged her head against the headboard, making a loud thud.

hearing this noise, finneas who happened to have stayed the previous night here with claudia, barged in.

"billie?! are you okay? i heard a bang?" he questioned, concerned.

"finneas.." billie said, sobbing into her hands.

"hey, hey what's wrong?" he said as he ran up to her, embracing her in an attempt to comfort her.

"everything." she sobbed out, finneas growing more and more worried by the second.

"billie please stop crying and talk to me about it?" finneas pleaded after a few minutes of attempting to comfort his sister, only for billie to let out a shaky sigh in return.

"y/n likes someone." billie blurted out, before realizing what she had just said.

finneas stayed silent, taking in what billie had said. "and that's the reason you're crying?"

"i'm crying because i like her." billie said, below a whisper, as she tried her best to not enter another frenzy of tears. "a lot."

"i know." finneas let out a soft chuckle. "i mean, you made it really obvious."

billie looked up at him and took in a shaky breath before speaking. "claudia said that too. its like everyone but her knows that i like her." she shook her head. "why can't she realize that i fucking like her?!" she yelled, but immediately closed her mouth with her hand, hoping her parents hadn't heard her.

"but i thought y/n liked you? i mean, it was pretty obvious you two liked each other." finneas said after a few minutes of silence.

"i don't know, i didn't think she'd like me anyway. but i had a little bit of hope, and now that's gone too. i mean, why would she like me? she's so..perfect. and i'm just there."

"hey, you're amazing too, okay? i promise." finneas tried getting her spirits up, only to fail miserably.

"why doesn't she like me then? if i'm that amazing then why does she like someone else?!" she whisper-yelled the last part as her lip started quivering, tears ready to flow once again.

"okay billie, i need you to calm down, do you understand me? we'll figure this out later but mom's gonna come in here any second and call us for breakfast. i take it that you don't want her knowing about this?" finneas questioned, making billie nod slowly. "then calm down, please. she'll get worried if she sees you crying. we'll talk about this later, i promise." he assured her, making her sigh and make her way to the bathroom to freshen up.

finneas walked out the room and bumped into claudia on his way to the living room. the two shared a kiss before claudia asked about the loud thud that the two of them had heard from billie's room that had caused finneas to go check on her.

"apparently y/n uhm..likes someone." finneas spoke, making claudia furrow her eyebrows.

"what, like- someone other than billie?" she asked, finneas nodding in response. "how's that even possible?" claudia laughed nervously, earning a shrug from finneas. "she was literally telling me how much she likes billie last week?"

-----------------

HIII this was in my drafts so here's another part before i disappear for a bit again

originally this part was supposed to be one that had tons of fluff and sappy shit BUT i told myself that if my love life is gonna be shit, then billie and y/n must suffer too. so i scrapped the whole thing and made this one

i might be back next week but idk for sure so until then, go stream sabrina carpenter's new album

thanks for reading <3