safe

"hi baby." y/n said, walking into the cabin after her morning walk with claudia. "how'd you sleep?"

"hey." billie said, smiling at her girlfriend. "i slept okay."

"how's your leg?" y/n questioned, sitting down on the bed beside her.

it was day seven, the last day of their week in the woods. and billie had to spend the whole day bedridden, just like the previous day and a half. last afternoon the doctor had finally come over and declared that billie had a sprained ankle, and gave her an ankle brace. she was told to take a few medicines along with tons of rest, and she'd be fine in a few weeks.

billie was pissed, for she had tour in two weeks. she'd jumped around with a sprained ankle before, but she certainly hadn't enjoyed it. and this time, she'd been strictly adviced not to jump around, and it seemed like her parents might just kill her if she disobeyed. so she just had to shut up and have a "boring show" as she had put it.

"it's getting better, i guess." she said with a sad smile, making y/n kiss the top of her head.

"you're going to be fine soon, okay? just hang in there mama."

billie wanted to tell y/n she loved her. she wanted to say it so bad. she'd been in love for over a month now and the way y/n had been taking care of billie for the past two days just made billie fall for her more and more. but it had been only a week since they'd started dating. she definitely couldn't say 'i love you'. so she decided to just suck it up and keep her mouth shut.

billie hummed in response to y/n's comment, resting her head on y/n's shoulder. "i really appreciate you, y/n." she said, which made y/n smile at her and kiss her cheek.

"so, what do you wanna do?" y/n asked, cuddling into billie's side.

"gimme kiss." billie said in a baby voice with a pout, making grabby hands which made y/n laugh before sitting up straight and leaning in, their lips connecting in a soft kiss.

pulling away a few seconds later, billie was not satisfied. so she grabbed y/n by her shirt collar and smashed their lips together in a very deep and passionate kiss.

y/n held billie's cheek with one hand, turning her head to the side to allow more access. billie's tongue found it's way in y/n's mouth, exploring every part of it that it could reach.

but before it went too far, the two of them pulled away, panting softly as they looked at each other with goofy smiles on their faces.

"billie." y/n said, making billie hum in response. "you're so pretty." she spoke, tucking a strand of billie's hair behind her ear, making the older girl blush visibly with a sweet smile.

"you're prettier." billie replied, resting her head on y/n's chest. "you're the prettiest person i've ever seen, ever." she added, and it was now y/n's turn to blush as she placed a soft kiss at the top of billie's head.

"i feel so safe with you, y/n." billie spoke a few minutes later. "i don't know why, and i don't know how. but you just make me feel safe, you know?" she added.

"yeah." y/n nodded. "i feel safe with you as well." she said, making billie bury her head in y/n's chest with a smile, y/n playing with billie's hair.

-----------------

"so, how are things with the new girlfriend?" claudia wiggled her eyebrows, making billie smile at the thought of y/n.

billie somehow managed to persuade y/n into leaving her for a while and going out to spend sometime in the nature instead of staying all cooped up in the room with her. so now claudia was with billie to help her out while y/n was out with finneas.

"oh my god, claud. it's so great being with her. being hers. oh my god, i'm finally hers." billie said, before yelling, "i'm so in love." into her pillow, a satisfied sigh leaving her lips soon after.

seeing billie so happy after such a long time made claudia smile. it had been a few depressing years for billie, but she was finally content. and that made claudia one of the happiest people on earth, for billie was like a sister to her.

"i'm really happy for you, you know that?" claudia said, which made billie give her a genuine smile. "you were so sad for the longest time and now that you're finally so fucking happy- god, i'm so proud of you and i'm so, so, so happy for you."

as soon as the words left claudia's mouth, billie engulfed claudia in the biggest hug ever before whispering, "thank you. i love you. thank you for always being there." which made claudia hug her tighter. "i love you more."

-----------------

just a little filler chapter

stream 'she said he said she said' thank you

thanks for reading <3