Prologue

Onryx, the guardians of the gate between good and evil. Cities and outcasts. No one enters or leaves without going through here. This city is the most populated on Delfords Refuge. The markets are always crowded, even at night. Guards, to make sure no spectacle takes place, are watching every second.

The emperor of Onryx lives in a castle on a cliff surrounded by endless drops. No one besides personal guards have seen the inside of this structure let alone seen the emperor himself. It is said that his name is Zadicus Tempus, but no one knows for sure. Some brief viewings from him walking past his windows, mostly describing him as a tall figure, almost always wearing some sort of face covering, but of course, no one has seen him close up, so all these rumors could be made up.

Most citizens are elves, fairies, healers or potion dealers. These are not the original inhabitants of Delfords Refuge. The outcasts are hated and they hate the haters. They never had a saying in how the wall would be been built. They hate the never-ending wall that separates them form society. Many attempts of taking back what is rightfully theirs have failed and ended in gradually ending various creatures, like the cyclops and chimeras. Some have left the island like the Minotaur in search of a better place to live.

The outcasts. From goblins to centaurs. From werewolves to unicorns. They lived in peace and harmony, never thinking this peace would one day vanish. The unicorns have wandered back to the realm of colors. Dragons have left, except for the one who knew Delfords Refuge had a better ending. The chimeras did their best in trying to fulfill the better destiny with the cyclops on their sides, but failed, most turned into stone, still standing in front of the gate to Onryx. Those who stayed did not have a way to leave, or decided to stay and wait for the peace they once had. Like the venomous rabbits, that only had the strength to swim to a small side island.

Oh the guards, such furious beings. Reptilian bodies with rooster like heads and deadly eyes if you stare for too long. These cockatrices would never give up their position to anything. They serve their commander with no regrets. However, does this stop our island protector, the mirolack? She who has two strong wolf tails, claws like a bear and the eyes of a snake. She with wings like her brothers, the griffins and a sharp snout like a fox. Oh, the end of the emperor is near.