Chapter 4

Recording 005

Yes, yes. I haven't been recording and yet it says the wrong number. Sometimes I decide to delete one but it doesn't count it as deleted.

Anyways, a week passed by since we've been by the felines and we have almost arrived at the sore. I'm kinda exited, if I'm being honest. Like, I've never really meet one before. I wonder how big and strong she is. Vay is asleep, so I gotta be quick. The forest gets quite dense these parts. We still need to go through the enchanted part, but I think we'll be ok, I think. This part of the forest is called 'Stelswell Grove' It gets hard to move through here, since we both are pretty big. Some places we went through where also swamp like. But you know, I don't give up until I get what I want. So wish me luck and let's see what this dragon has in store for us.

"How long until we are at the last stop, the mystical forest?" Iasked impatiently."It should be somewhere around here... for all I know, we could already be in it and not even realize." Ivaylo responded under his breath, while looking around, in hopes to find something to answer my question.

We had been walking for about a week now, only stopping for short breaks and naps. My weaker form hadn't shown itself in a while either, which meant that the next time it did show up, it would stay for a couple days.

"Hey Vay, look! That looks different!" I exclaimed as I pointed to trees we hadn't seen before. They were so close to each other they looked like a wall and were quite tall. They looked similar to the mother tree, yet the color was a bit different.

My tails wagging, since this seemed interesting, I went closer to see if there was a way in. "Mira! Don't just wander off! You don't know what could happen if we split up!" Shaking his head, Ivaylo hurried to follow me and also started to walk along the tree made wall. Rolling my eyes, I found a bit of an entrance. It looked as if the trees had made a gate entrance. The branches had formed a curve over the opening and the leaves seemed to have made a sort of path. "Umm, I think I found the way in." Carefully, Ivaylo and I went in, staying as close together as possible, since we had heard all kinds of things form here.

Most that went in Stelswell Grove either didn't come out or came out crazy and messed up. But sometimes, one or two adventurers manage to get out unharmed, yet they don't speak of what they saw or went through. So we kinda went in blind.

"Man, this forest is interesting." I whispered, as we got swallowed by the fog covering the forest. Carefully, we followed the path of leaves; in hopes, it was the real path. Screeching and crawling noises came from a distance, making my fur stand on edge. Ivaylo was on high alert, keeping me in sight. 'Something is off about Vay... He usually doesn't act like this.' I thought while eyeing him from the side but also looking around, trying to convince myself I can see things.

Stelswell Grove was covered in a deep mist, making it a gloomy environment. The trees where somewhat low and the branches where twisted in weird ways, making them look like figures. In here, there were no birds chirping or whistling, just a slight howling wind. Erie sounds sending shivers down our spines. Somehow, it seemed as if it was in the evening, since we couldn't see the sun. Sometimes, the path would split into smaller paths but on them where usually signs of bad luck. Sometimes we would see skulls laying around on them, and other times there would be signs of fighting or confusion.

The sound of laughter followed us, making us pick up the pace. "what is that?" I murmured, knowing Ivaylo didn't have the answer. He just shushed me whispering quickly, "How am I supposed to know? We should hurry before it catches up and..." Jerking to a halt he looked at me in fear. "Who the hell are you? How did I get here? Are you going to kill me?" Confused, I stared at him, realizing he had been put under a spell. 'Shit. What am I gonna do now?' I tried to figure something out, but decided it would be best if we got out of here. "Sorry Vay, but its for the best." I clenched my teeth and punched him in the head, knocking him out. That's when I realized I wasn't in my normal form anymore. I can't punch someone normaly, since i walk on all fours and cant bend my legs that way. "What? When did I turn into this thing? Sigh. Well at least it was for a good thing and not painful. Ok big guy, let's see if I'm strong enough to carry you." I gasped as I swung the werewolf over my shoulder, carrying him like a dead deer.

I rushed through the rest of the forest. I don't remember how long it took, for I had lost track of time. The laughing had vanished, and so did my confidence. My mind filling with questions that I try to avoid. 'Why did my parents leave me? Am I even alive? Are there more like me? This path is long. I want to get out of here! What was that noise?'

I stopped and stared into the darkness. There it was again. Something was scurrying in front of me, across the path repeatedly. "Hello?" Cautiously I made my way closer to the being. It seemed to be quite small, so I wasn't that afraid. However, I do know that sometimes the smaller the creature the more dangerous it can be. It stopped when it heard my voice and seemed to be staring at me. As I got closer, I could see what it was. A small Mogwai. Its eyes are big, round and have a hazelnut color. The fur was covered in mud, but seems to have a chocolate brown like color with yellowish and black spots. I was able to get quite close before it scurried back into the murky forest. Letting out a sigh of relief, I realized I had been holding my breath. I then kept following the path, not noticing that someone was watching me.