Chapter 1

Recording 001

Umm is this thing on? Yes, ok. Fancy this, fancy that. Most are good and some are bad. A lot are loved but most are casted out into the darkness of the forest, outside these tall walls and left to die. The forest with the tallest trees and the most dangerous creatures. I am considered one of these, for I do not possess the so-called "normal" features. My ears are not elf like, I do not have fairy wings, nor do I possess the gift of healing or the knowledge of potion brewing. These are the required things if you want to live in society. Anything besides elves, fairies, healers and potion brewers are casted outside. Us, who are the rightful inhabitants of Delfords Refuge, have been casted aside like garbage. They think we are weak and can't do anything about our position. Well they are so wrong. There will be an end to this soon. I am one of the only of my kind and so I will show them all how strong we can be, even alone. I WILL put an end to this. Now you may ask how, well, I'm not quite sure yet, but I do have something in mind. So come with me, on my journey to victory! Oh and to free my fellow outcasts. I am coming for you, Onryx.

'I need a team' I thought to myself for the thousandth time, while running through the moonlit pine like forest. If I wanted to bring down the reign of Onryx, I would need a lot more creatures to help me. I was not sure how we would do it but I do have a few ideas. At the beach, I stopped to watch the small waves hit the sore as they reflected the full moon.

Sigh "Someday, I will find you again, dear family. Then you can tell me why you left me here alone." The wind whistles in return. Then, I hear soft paws walking in the sand. I tackle and hear these words, "I thought I might find you here." "Ivaylo, you failed to sneak up on me, again." I grinned as I helped the werewolf onto his feet while he dusted himself off. 'He is the only one I trust, for he was there for me when I was left alone.' "How is the plan creating coming along?" He asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Well, it's coming, but we should first find more volunteers that will help us." I replied, while heading towards the hidden entrance to a tunnel, which leads to my secret base.

Quietly, the 8'7 feet tall werewolf follows me on his hind feet. I on the other hand, am 8 feet tall. Soon we reach the main burrow, which is located beneath the mother tree. It is overgrown with roots and lit up by a never-ending light source. It is big enough to keep a medium sized dragon in it. There are many ways to enter, not even I have found out where all of them lead.

I look at the map laying on the floor. "Vay, have you found anyone who might be interested in helping us?" I asked, staring at the map, trying to find the nearest island to search next. "No, but I do have someone in mind. I have heard of a dragon that lives on this side island, maybe he would like to help." "Ok then. I will see when I can pay him a visit." Sigh. "I will head out now and go get us something to eat. Don't get over your head, miss," He rapidly said whilst making his way through a passageway.

My eyes still stuck on the map, I remember the good times.Those times where all lived together in small villages, the times when all would smile at each other, the times when we didn't have to hide in fear of imprisonment or treason. We were happy to see more people visiting our island and populating it, making these villages into cities. However, at some point their leader decided we did not belong together, so he trapped most of us on the outside of the wall. Then he slowly removed the rest by either killing them, imprisoning or throwing them to the rest of us. We were strong and learned how to live out here.

The emperor decided to hire the cockatrice to keep them safe from us; because he is scared, we turned into beasts and want to kill him. I mean, he's not totally wrong. Soon the cockatrices started to go in troops through the forest to make sure no one is trying to get over the wall or to terrorize every creature they come across. No one dares to stand up to them, for it is hard to do anything against them, as they have deadly weapons and even deadlier eyes. We once lived in peace and harmony. Now it is just pain and suffering. However, I have grown strong and tall. I will find a way to end all this. Even if I die while doing so, I will free Delfords Refuge from the hands of the emperor. 'Let's pay a dragon a visit.'