3. Vormir

requested by @dnovastark 💓

Hey ya! I hope this is what you asked for and sorry it took so long to finish it. It's all about emotions and I find it difficult to accomplish this task...anyway, enjoy! :3

-

pairing: 💔 Marc X Steven X Jake X Y/n 💔

summary: Marc and you were recruited by the Avengers, before the endgame. Being a pair, you are being assigned to go to Vormir and to complete the mission and take the soul stone for the infinite gauntlet in order to get back the half of the world which blipped away because of Thanos' wish 5 years ago. Things just...got out of hand...

warning: explicit language, very sad, knife, death, sacrificing, losing a love one, physical fight...

word count: 2855

-

"Now what?"

The breeze is as cold as dried ice slicing over our faces on this planet.

Except for the sound of the howling wind, no one is talking. Nothing can be heard. How quiet. Must be the most peaceful time we're spending together in our lives.

Or not.

"I'll go. Don't try to stop me cuz you know you can't make me." Marc's hand finally drops from his face. Now I see what's been happening behind his hand. His eyes are watery. Like he's about to cry. Glaring aside and avoiding eye contact, his eyes are empty, they're no longer willing to shine for me anymore, as if his soul has been taken away from his body. No fear is shown from him, neither anger or anything. It's just complexity of his conflict inside of him and, sorrow...

He launches towards the thrilling cliff right next to us without saying anything more, acting like he's legitimately going to jump down and sacrifice himself for the soul stone.

Meanwhile, the carefree Khonshu is just sitting at a big rock nearby, waiting for this chaos to be over. He has a feeling that he knows Marc is not the one who's gonna die today. Even if Marc died, he can still take his wife as his new avatar. That's why he doesn't have to worry about a thing.

"Wait Marc no!!" You can swear that was the loudest you've screamed in your life. You're out of your mind when the scene of him running to his death is rolling in front of your eyes. You hug his arm as tight as you could and put all force on your feet and pull your whole body backwards like his life is depending on you to pull him and stop him from killing himself. You know how stubborn he can be when it comes to decisions.

"No, please, Marc, please...let's just...chill out and...calm down for a second, okay? We- we're just, we're just panicking, not knowing what's happening, we're not clear enough what is going on- " you gulp and hiccup in tears as you slur your words in panic. This is just too sudden for you two, you're so scared to lose Marc and you just don't want this to happen now. You must be looking so pathetic now, hugging your man and begging him not to leave you at this cliff.

"Shhh, Y/n don't...don't cry, baby...you know we have to do this, that's our job-" he hushes your with a soothing coo, but you insist, "then let me go! Why do you have to go-"

"You know there is no use of tussling cuz you know! I would never! Let you die before me!" Out of patience, he tightly grabs your arms with full force like you're a rag doll, telling you how deadly serious he is, "I almost lost you once, and I'm not gonna let you go die for me again." He's talking about one of our little adventures we've had before. The ones that cannot compare to this one. "I'm just so..." he drops his head and cries a bit more... "I regret dragging all these bullshit to your life, then now we're fucking Avengers and now we're here on this fucking cliff!! Deciding who's gonna die!! For the fucking universe!!!" He squeezes so hard on your arms, shaking you as he let all his anger insides of him burst out for you to hear.