Chapter 3: The Art Of Gift Giving

"Happy Birthday, Anya!" Becky greets her best friend who is now celebrating her 8th birthday with a hug. "I got you something, please open it!"

"Wahhh! Peanuts and a Spy Wars book!" A surprised Anya exclaims.

"Not just peanuts! They're peanuts covered in one of the finest chocolate in all of Ostania! Martha helped me buy those!" Becky exclaims. "As for the book, it's the new volume of the Spy Wars comic book! It hasn't been released yet but luckily my dad knew a guy who knows the author so he pre-released it so I can give it to you!"

"Wahhhhh! Thank you so much, Becky!" An amazed Anya replies, "I'm glad you're my best friend!"

"Ehe, what an honor to be one, Anya!"

Meanwhile, while all of this is happening, Damian overhears their conversation.

*When the heck should I give her the animal?* Damian thought to himself, as the stuffed sheep was laying in his room, still not knowing when to give it to her.

He thought of giving it to her now, but immediately thought it was a bit out of line, as if he'll get publicly embarrassed by thought.

He couldn't think of when and where he should give her the stuffed doll, despite how big the school is.

Damian proceeds to stumble upon the Science room, that was only used during the final subject of school.

Bingo.

He took the stuffed animal and hid it under the teacher's desk.

*Okay, Damian. You can do this...*

LATER THAT DAY

The bell rang and it was time for recess.

"Hey, let's go get something to eat, Anya."

"Yeah, sure Becky!" Anya agrees to the invitation.

"What are you gonna get?"

"Hmm...omurice!"

"Really, omurice again?"

"Hey, it's the greatest thing ever invented! Besides peanuts and Spy Wars!"

"Whatever, Anya." Becky chuckled.

As soon as they get up to have a meal, Damian goes up to both of them, effectively going face-to-face with the birthday girl.

"H-Hey, Stubby Legs..." Damian continued, "M-Meet at the Science room at 10:00 sharp.

"10:00? Why Sy-on boy?"

"Just meet me at the science room, okay!?"

"...Okay."

"What are you gonna do, Desmond? Are you planning on doing something dirty to Anya!?" Becky angrily questions Damian, while hugging her best friend.

"Wh-What!? Never! Also, what the hell is wrong with you!? I-I would never do something like that. Are you out of your mind!?" Damian defends himself, shocked by Becky's perceptions.

*Sy-on boy is gonna get me dirty!?* Anya thought, as the only thing she could think of what Becky said was Damian getting him dirty by throwing dirt on her face.

Becky, while all of this, is amused at the fact that Damian actually got her a stuffed animal. She already knew his intentions. *Psh, he actually got her one. How cute.*

"Just meet me in the science room at 10, Stubby!" Damian angrily goes back to asking Anya, before leaving for lunch and going to his friends.

"Jeez, what's his problem?" Becky questions Damian's actions.