Chapter 5

Their shuttle came out of the final leg to their new home with all the passengers in the cockpit hoping for that first sight.

The Dathomirians had expected a deserted planet but what they saw instead seemed to be thriving.

Quite a few ships were parked in orbit, with a couple of them being obviously worked on.

Off in the distance hovered a menacing looking military ship.

Is that the sith frigate? Asked Alyya.

Yes, we finally got it fixed up enough to fly it here last year, said Ro. Were trying to make it the flagship of our defense fleet but progress has still been slow.

Where did all the other ships come from? Asked Raage.

Well, we found a sort of natural hyperspace trap while doing some salvaging. Once we got our ship fixed and returned to gather parts we have been slowly repairing them and pulling them here to salvage or repair.

How many ships were there?

Honestly we are still finding new ones, the anomaly basically stranded ships without hyperdrives so we are scanning in a larger and larger cone around the center of it.

"Are you finding any survivors?" Asked Loyai.

"Not so far," Ro returned, "but we have tried to keep at least one ship in the area just in case."

As the ship came down through the clouds a series of ruins came into sight.

"This was the capital city of the previous civilization here. They abandoned it a very long time ago, we assume, since none of our droids can translate the language on anything we have found so far."

A clone was waiting at the the end of the ramp when they started to debark, he had an obvious cyber leg and showed some fairly serious scarring on his exposed skin.

"Greetings Ace," said Tinker, "any news?"

"We have received a message that you two will need to look at. It's a weird one."

"We are going to need a meeting of the leadership council, some big things are happening." Rocen said, "we have some big news for the community and some decisions need made."

After getting the Dathomirians a place to stay and setting them up with a guide to show them around the settlement Ro and Tink headed to the tent they were using for council meetings.

As they entered the tent they found the council assembled. They had Ace and Arkessa the freed pit fighter representing the military, such as it was, A beautiful red skinned Twi'lek named Carsytha Ducel who ran the books for their endevour, Arkan Windlighter, a scary looking Utapaun who also happened to be a fair and generous man, and Gramercy a yaka cyborg freed from a Zygerrian slaver ship.

Also in the room but not at the table were Berthynie, the mandalorian armorer found with Gramercy and the Prof. She was quietly talking to the Prof as the two had formed a good relationship while trying to upgrade their armor and equipment and now seemed at least friends.

"If the Night Mother was correct in her visions the entire Dathomirian population has fallen. She said we have begun another rise of the Sith." Rocen shared,

"She ran me down during the sting operation we pulled on Death Watch and gave me the specific warning that not only the Nightsisters, but the Jedi and the Mandalorians will soon fall and a dark time will come for the whole galaxy."

"How does this affect our plan to gain legitimacy for our community here?" asked Gramercy.

"Well, we met the Mandalore to deliver the warning to her personally and she had an alternative plan to becoming a clan." Tinker popped in.