Chapter 8

Once everyone got their chuckle over with Rocen explained where his scars had come from and some of what he had been up to.

So, is there any romance in your life? Someone I may get to meet? asked his mother with a grin.

Arkessa burst out laughing again and Rocen seriously began considering selling her for the net price of the chemicals making up her body.

Not yet Mother, I am too busy running around on this mission I seem to have been given, how about yourself?

Not me, she said, not again. I have the memories of the wonderful relationship I had with your father and being the head instructor here gives me plenty of love and affection.

So you intend to remain here in the temple? He asked.

Yes, I will live out my life here and hopefully

OUUUCHH! Suddenly there was a powerful ache in Rocens head and he saw a vision of the temple reduced to ruins, troops in similar armor to the GAR running all around it.

No! he said, we need to get you and the children out of here!

Vaq realized what had happened. You just had a vision! What was it?

I saw republic troops invading the temple but their armor was wrong.

Are you sure?

Remember who and what I am Vaq, if there is one thing I know its weapons and armor.

Did it give you an idea of when? asked Arkessa

No, but I feel like there is some time. I only felt the pain when Mother suggested staying here long term.

I will speak to the Master of the Disciples here, they concentrate more on visions and trying to interpret the future. Meanwhile you can meet with the group I had gathered.

Why?

If things are going to go as badly as the Mother predicted, then spreading out our people makes sense. I do not know the specifics but I was told you had a safe place to gather.

Others have seen visions and warnings as well but mostly near the rim, as you move in towards the core visions become.. cloudy, as if some sort of fog is overlaying the force there. Its frightening.

I have attempted to speak to the council but they are very distracted by the war, and I think the fog is affecting the jedi most directly.

Rocen thought about this for a moment. We have room to take more people. Anyone who goes to High Fort must remain until we judge the situation resolved, however, and there is a possibility they may be trapped with us for a fairly long time.

After a few minutes to gather their thoughts and refocus on the steps ahead they returned to the room across the hall and met with the prospective pilgrims. They were a mix of trainees and full members of the order and were led by two senior members, the lead Guardian was a Togruta male named Jahan Cross and the senior Disciple, was a Ponteran named Stacia Fortran.

All in all about 30 people would be joining them on High Fort. All agreed to the conditions they were given about outside contact and not being able to return until it was judged safe.

The planning took most of the afternoon, and afterwards Jahan offered Rocen and Arkessa a chance to spar with the Guardians during evening training.

By this point both warriors had received Mandalorian, Echani, GAR, and MIralan combat training, so expected to easily handle the monks. They found, however, that the group was very well trained and held their own. They even got a chance to practice a bit with the light bows the guardians used, and Rocen especially enjoyed the experience.