Chapter 9

After the heated discussion regarding the children and the clones Vaq left to meditate and to consult with the Kyber temple leaders. Marya pitched in to get the kids organized and moved to the yacht, which they hadnt named yet.

Once all the kids were on board they loaded some supplies and then went back to the temple to gather the people who were coming. It took all day to get all the parts in place but, by that evening they were ready to head back to High Fort.

Rocen debated hunting down Vaq before he left but he decided to let the man find him if he desired to talk any more.

Once again Rocen and Arkessa participated in the training and sparred with some of the monks. Both could see where the style of martial arts and the saber and staff moves the monks used could become part of the fledgling style they were developing for their people.

Rocen was about to leave for the yacht, allowing his mother and the other temple residents one last night to say farewell to their friends, when Vaq burst into his mothers sitting room, where they had been lounging around.

Where is Atollon? He demanded, we need to go there!

A tingle went down Rocens spine at this, something about the idea just felt right.

Why go there?

I begged the force for guidance during my meditation and all I got was the planet name, it is obvious we are being guided there.

We can check the navicomputer when we get to the yacht for the location but that means you are stuck with us for a while. Said Ro.

The visions I received during my meditation were very insistent that we three at least go there, said Vaq, looking at Ro and Marya.

Im not sure I like the idea of taking everyone else though, said Arkessa, It would be very irresponsible of us to take children if it is that important.

I do not sense danger simply the need to go there and see or do something but I agree with your point.

Rocen thought it through for a minute and then decided.

Arkessa, you and the droids will return with all the people we picked up. Between you and Tinker and the others you can get them settled in just fine. We three will follow this trail where it leads and see what we can discover.

I refuse! Arkessa immediately responded. You are too important to our clan to head off on your own!

I am going with two jedi! Rocen rolled his eyes, Im pretty sure they will keep me safe.

The jedi have their own priorities, and your mother is no combat soldier. I refuse to leave you with only one person to watch your back.

I can choose a few of the better Guardians from the group to accompany us, Marya smoothly inserted, They may not be force sensitive but some are nearly as close as Rocen is and all are experts in armed and unarmed combat.

Arkessa thought for a minute and then said, you will also take the RKs with you. With them and the monks I feel you will be safe enough.

Rocen opened his mouth to come back with something not quite diplomatic but he luckily caught his mothers eyes first. He could clearly see she wanted him to just agree and get it over with.

Okay, he grumped, We will make it a parade.

We can take my ship, said Vaq, theres plenty of room onboard.

Sounds like we have a plan then, said Arkessa. We will double check everything in the morning and if all is well head back then.

If I can reach those I want to escort us tonight we may be able to lift off and get started immediately, let me see what I can do. Marya moved off quickly.