6. dirt kid

"How long has he been on break?"

"Only over .. 15 minutes!" Nicole said answering Robin and then restocking the plastic taste-testing spoons.

Robin was still in the back room on "prep duty" watching Harrington talk to his kid friend at a booth enjoying a banana split. (which he made himself!)

"Oh come on it isn't like business is booming Robin! Plus Steve hasn't seen the kid in a while you saw how adorable they were doing their little handshake!" Nicole said enthusiastically trying to recreate the pairs handshake with herself making Robin laugh.

"I guess he can stay on break a little longer.." Robin said before going back to doing her job and Nicole the same.

--------------

"So do you really get to eat as much of this stuff as you want?" Dustin said enjoying the banana split ship that Steve had made for him.

"Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though- You know I gotta keep in shape, for the ladies-"

"Yeah and how's that going for you?" Robin said cleaning a booth and walking away clearly annoyed.

"You just had to say something" Nicole said rolling her eyes and smiling at Robin as she walked back to the back room.

"If I don't make fun of Steve at least once a day I will go mad!" she replied disappearing into the back to hide away from the people and stay cool. Nicole rolled her eyes and kept wiping the counter.

"She seems cool" Dustin said before digging into his ice cream again making Steve a little annoyed.

"She's not- so uh where are the other knuckle heads?"

"They ditched me yesterday-"

"No-"

"My first day back. Can you believe that shit?"

"Woah. Seriously?"

"Swear to God"

Dustin and Steve continued to catch up and Nicole was helping a few new costumers before his kid friend blurted out.

"I intercepted a secret Russian communication-"

"Jeez, shh. Okay that's what I thought you said"

Everyone looked at them including Nicole and costumers but then resumed back to how it once was before. Once the costumers left Robin opened the window door and called Nicole over.

"Did that little dirt kid say something about communicating with Russians?"

"His name is Dustin, Robin and yes he did but maybe it's for one of their little games" Nicole said before turning around to clean the ice cream scoopers.

"What game involves Russians? and how do you know they're even playing a game?" Robin said putting her head in her hands leaning on the counter behind Nicole.

"I don't know boys play games and maybe there's a game that involves Russians like.. capture the flag! but it's like capture th-"

Nicole was interrupted with a constant ringing sound which made her look up from under the counter to see a posse of three girls looking annoyed as ever.

"What's with the costumer service around here? Hellooo, you behind the counter are you just gonna stare at me or what?" The girl continued to ring the bell frantically and Nicole looked back at Robin.

Robin mouthed "you're on your own, sorry" and slowly shut the doors. Nicole, annoyed rolled her eyes and turned around giving her best smile.

"Ahoy there! how may I help you"