1

( This is what you're wearing (below this) you may change whatever you'd like but you need to have some sort of satchel for plot reasons ^^. And I'm sorry if you don't enjoy my taste in clothing but I'm just choosing what I think is pretty! I’ve set a height for you all since it’s easier to write that way: 5’3. It’s around the average height where I live so I figured it would be alright??? Also, there will probably be quite a few photo references in this book, hope y'all don't mind! <3 )

 It’s around the average height where I live so I figured it would be alright??? Also, there will probably be quite a few photo references in this book, hope y'all don't mind! <3 )

I grunted and pulled my car to the side of the road as my car sputtered to a stop. What a great way to start off moving away from home: 13 hours from home and breaking down in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. I grabbed my bag that held a small sketchbook, a pocket knife, my wallet, and my phone. I only really needed the latter few but I didn't feel like dumping my bag in my car, in the middle of the woods. I grabbed my keys, shoving them in my bag as well.

I opened my door, stepping out into the slightly chilly summer night air. I walked over to my hood, opening it and looking around for the cause of the problem. “Oh fuck…” I spotted the issue: my fan belt snapped. I ran a hand through my hair, tugging a bit out of frustration. You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. I took a deep breath, trying to comfort myself. ( Bruh, the song Underground by Cody Fry just turned on and It hit me in the feels. It’s a beautiful song but it’s literally so dark and sad ) I checked the time on my phone and groaned: 12:38. I was too far out to get service so now I hope I can catch a ride without the person driving being a creep. I stuck my hand out, hoping someone was driving around at this time.

After about 10 minutes, I saw headlights turning the corner and my head screamed to just sleep in the car until morning but I didn’t really enjoy the thought of sleeping out here. Who knows what could be lurking around here. I waved my hand to get the driver’s attention and luckily they slowed to a stop right beside me. I got a good look at the driver: a man who seemed to be around 27 ( you’re 20 btw ); light brown, unruly hair; slightly crooked teeth; and one of the slyest, yet most genuine, grins I’ve ever seen. “Now, what’s a lady doing out here all by herself at this time?” The southern accent in this man’s voice was apparent as I sighed. “My fan belt broke, I don’t have a spare at the moment so I was hoping for a ride.” I said in a hopeful voice, looking at him. He paused for a moment before gesturing me inside, “C’mon I’ll give ya a ride.” He said. Before I got in, I quickly took a picture of his license plate. He just gave me a confused look as I climbed into the truck. “Safety reasons.” I explained, shrugging at him. He chuckled, shaking his head.

He began down the road once more, glancing at me, “So where ya headin’?” He asked, causing me to grunt quietly, “I’m not sure to be honest with you.” He was silent for a hot second, glancing at me with an uneasy look before masking it with a small smile. “I’m heading to a small town called Ambrose, I could always take ya there.” He suggested, making me smile at him, this caused a little pink to dust his cheeks. “I’d like that.” I said, ignoring it. “How far is it?” I asked, curious how long I’d be in his, honestly kind of stinky, truck. He let out a quiet laugh, “About an hour away…” I made an ‘O’ look and giggled, hoping my presence didn’t bother him too much.