Good night

"We're here," Gus said, and pulled up in front of the apartment near the basketball court, which used to be a small land of grass where we played under the shadows of leaves.

Back then, every wish was likely wanting things to be different, and here it was.

"Oh, you're carrying him?" He spoke upon seeing me giving the sleepy boy a piggy-back ride. I nodded quietly.

We knocked on the door and handed him to his parents.

"Where's your home?" I was asked.

He waited for a reply til we neared beside the car. I thought of it, hardly coming up with any specific address.

"I might have no home." I said, looking up to the night sky. How amazing would it be to leave this world?

"Same here," he said softly.

"Earlier, in her apartment, you implied this world is in constant change. Would this emptiness change into something radiantly joyful?"

"Maybe? If we try?"

"How does one try?" I looked back at him. Meeting his thinking face.

"Hmm, I don't know. Could it be like this?" He said, relaxing his forehead.

The dimmed colors of his iris brightened in my sight. His cheeks rose, his lips curved up, and his eyes sparkled under the crescents of his lids.

He was radiant.

And I was joyful.

Who knew it wasn't that hard to begin?

Well, I didn't...

Until I opened my eyes to see the cracks and webs of my ceiling, with his smile still warm in my heart.

The unexplainable weight and lightness it brought swirled in my veins like electrified roots of some seed planted in my brain.

But then, the moment I sat up, I forgot what exactly I dreamt of.

What...was it?

The end

Goodnight🌜