𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙜𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙙

summer dress
season 1 episode 2

summer dress season 1 episode 2

conrad's pov

conrad left emery the minute he heard noah ask her on a date.

he walked into the house through the back door, he walked into the kitchen and saw his mom sitting in the living room. he backed away not wanting to be caught.

walking up the stairs as quietly as he could he heard his mom. "honey?"

"yeah?" he says.

"would you change and meet me out back. i want to paint your portrait first."

"why me?" he asks walking back down towards the living room.

"everyone else has things to do."

"i have things to do too, mom."

what he wanted to do was stay in his room until the book party.

"i think you can spear a few hours for your mother, hmm?"

conrad agrees.

"great, i'll see you outside in ten. put on something nice."

...

they were sitting at the end of the dock. as his mom drew his portrait.

"so hows nicole?" she asks.

"mom, can we not do this?"

she gives him a look.

"you asked me to come sit for this portrait and im here and sitting. i'm more than happy to be here, but can we not make this like a bonding experience, please?"

"well excuse me for trying to connect with my son before he leaves for a year."

conrad stayed silent.

"emery was really nice bring over muffins for you. she's always been such a sweet girl." his mom smiles.

the more conrad thought about her the more he knew that she was the girl for him. she was patient with him especially during this time where he felt like he couldn't share what he thought. but he didn't think that he deserved it.

"look if you want to spend your summer moping around, i can't stop you, but no more sleeping till 2, no more day drinking. i want you doing something productive. you're getting a job." she looked back up from him and her canvas.

"sure."

...

conrad kept himself busy at the bar, he was drinking wine like it was water.

when emery came down, ready for her date he wished that it was him that she was going on a date with. but he knew she would never go on a date with him.