𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚

summer nights
season 1 episode 3

emery arrived early at susannah's beach house in preparation for belly's sixteen birthday

emery arrived early at susannah's beach house in preparation for belly's sixteen birthday. laurel was making belly's mickey mouse pancakes with the help of steven. susannah was setting the table for breakfast, jeremiah and emery were blowing up balloons, and conrad was eating cereal.

"jere. stop doing that." emery laughs.

jeremiah was blowing up balloons but once he was done he threw them into the air and watched them fly around losing air. every once in a while it would hit conrad's head.

"knock it off, jeremiah." conrad said when the balloon hit his head once again.

emery and conrad hadn't talked since the night of the drive-in. they both tried to keep their distance from each other.

jeremiah puts his hands up in surrender which made her laugh.

"morning, everyone." everybody brought their attention to the birthday girl that just walked into the kitchen.

"hey!" they all say smiling.

"happy birthday. i'm so glad i'm here for you sixteenth." emery hugs belly.

"thank you." belly smiles to her best friend.

everyone says happy birthday to her.

"your mickey mouse pancakes are ready." laurel tells belly.

"actually, i'm not really hungry."

"shall we open gifts."

everyone sat in the living room facing belly.

laurel gave her present to the birthday girl, which was a poetry book.

"turn to the bookmarked page." laurel says.

everyone watch's as belly flips the pages. "i remember susannah teaching us to recite this." belly smiles.

"for whatever we lose like a you or a me it's always ourselves we find in the sea." everyone recites.

susannah gives her present which was a pearl necklace.

belly opens emery's gift "wow, em i love it."

"it's a photo book of all our summers together. there are blank pages in the back for all the next summer's we'll have."

jeremiah gives belly a key charm for good luck on her driving test. steven gives her a princeton crewneck.

"conrad, do you want to give belly your present?" susannah asks her son.

emery and the boys look over at conrad as he says "sorry, i forgot."

"that's cool. i wasn't really expecting anything anyways." belly says.

"i got to go. i promised cleveland that i'd show him some knots today."

conrad stands up walking towards the door before saying "happy birthday, belly."

everyone stays silent as they watch conrad leave.

emery gets up as well, everyone looking over at her.

"i'll be right back." she says and susannah nods.

"what the hell was that?" emery yelled towards conrad.

he turned around stopping and looking at her. "emery, i don't have the time to..."

she interrupts him before he could continue "well you're making time right now."

"how could you forget to get a present for belly?" she asks walking over to him.

"i just had other things on my mind." conrad shrugs looking away.

emery knew something was wrong there wasn't one summer were conrad forgot a present for belly.

"hey, conrad is everything okay?" she asks.

"well there is something that i wanted to say my mom..."

conrad's phone rings, he pulls out the phone seeing who it is.

"it's nicole." he says loooking at her.

emery nods.

"i should take this. i'll see you later today for dinner." he answers the phone and walks away.

she walks back towards the house, belly and jeremiah come out.

"were going for a driving lesson then picking up taylor, wanna come?" belly asks.

"yeah, come on let's go." emery wraps her arm around belly and walks over to jeremiah's red jeep.

...

belly, emery, and jeremiah were in the car on their way to the bus stop.

"bells, how was your date?" emery says from the back seat.

belly looks at her from the rear view mirror and smiles. "it was good. i really like cam."

"well cam cameron has my stamp of approval, he really does seem like a good guy." emery says.

"how was your date, em?" belly asks.

jeremiah turns his head towards emery with a smile.

"it was going good but then the boys crashed my date." she laughs and smacks jeremiah's head lightly.

jeremiah laughs "we made it the highlight of your date, em."

"wait, why would you guys do that?" belly looks over at jeremiah.

"we were all just bored at the book party and decided to go to the drive-in." jeremiah says.

"you excited to see taylor?" he asks belly changing the conversation topic.

"yeah, of course. so excited." belly says keeping her eyes on the road.

jeremiah chuckles "you sure?"

"look, she's my best friend in the world, but you know how taylor is. she's like a hurricane." she says.

"oh, yeah hurricane taylor."

everyone in the car laughs.

"i missed her so much, every time she came over for the summer we all got memorable moments with her." emery says.

"yeah she's definitely a character. and i guess i always feel like the supporting character around her, which normally i don't mind." belly says.

"but it's your birthday and you're the main character, belly. not her."

"yeah. thanks, jere." they look at each other smiling.

"belly, watch out." emery says holding the headrest to jeremiah's seat.

belly swerved to the next lane "whoops."

"bells, we're going to need a part two to this driving lesson, okay?"

"and part three and part four."

🐚🪸🌊
silly conrad p2