To the Hideout

Boruto's weary eyes slowly met Kawaki's eyes. His eyes were too sincere and the normally serious expression on his face had been nothing compared to the fading of determination in his eyes. Boruto didn't get it. The sudden confrontation of Kawaki telling him that he can be with Eida and Code was too much for him. He's already been saved from death too many times, as if it was no longer coincidence. He just never expected to not die from this battle. The fact that Kawaki had plunged his sword down into the soil was already something that seemed too out of the ordinary.

Boruto: ...what?

Kawaki then turned his back on Boruto and started walking in the other direction. Boruto just assumed that Kawaki was going to leave him there, lying in a pool in his own blood shed. Boruto was already planning ways to tend for himself when Kawaki stopped in his tracks.

Kawaki: Aren't you coming?

Boruto looked up, enlightened by these words. He suddenly forgot about the injuries that he had attained and started rising without realising how scarred he was. The cuts on his body suddenly started straining and he flopped back down, as if he tied to the ground by an elastic. Boruto started laughing, he found his stupidity and the whole situation really funny. Kawaki looked back and slammed his face.

Kawaki: You're so annoying, you know that right?

Boruto didn't bother counteracting him. Glee was just overfilling him. His friend, his BROTHER was being normal with him again. Once again after so long. Kawaki strategically placed his arm beneath Boruto's and began lifting him. Boruto could instantly feel much more stronger from the aura that Kawaki gave off. He was starting to rethink whether he wanted to leave and find Kawaki for the safety of the village or for his own selfish needs. 

Boruto: (Village...what are they doing now? Looking for me? Probably. But I've come so far that I don't think that they'd ever find me. I wonder what Dad and Mum are doing. I know they're worried out of their wits. Hima is probably crying now. Actually no, why would she? She hates me for ruining her friends' homes. And Mitsuki and Sarada...what would they be doing?-)

Kawaki: So...how was Sarada and Mitsuki? Y'know, before you left?

Boruto: Mitsuki has already recovered. Orochimaru made him stronger or something which made it easier fot Mitsuki to maintain Sage Mode-

Kawaki: He had Sage Mode?! Like the Hokage?

Boruto: Yeah, it appears so. He's really strong. He was already originally really strong but now he's just too talented. I can't believe to understand that this guy was modified by this sketchy scientist. Just how far do his abilities go? But then again, Amado was already sketchy enough. 

Kawaki: ...and? What about Sarada?

Boruto: I...she's still in critical condition....

Kawaki looked at Boruto's suddenly downcast eyes. It was filled with a lot of despair. Kawaki tried to pry him to expose his feelings. He tried making him annoyed and used tactics that he believed would not work.

Kawaki: Sarada ... she's weak. She shouldn't be that much of a threat to us.

Boruto clenched his hands under his cape. In fact, he's the only one who really knows how strong she is. No one can match her strength when she unleashes her strength, not even him. He just had that instinct she was strong. No one else did, not even her own father. That's why she often appeared as weak, because she was always consumed in her thoughts of impressing others when if she focused on herself, she would be someone so powerful that not many would be able to defeat her. On the outside, he kept his poker face.

Boruto: Yeah...

Kawaki was taken aback by his response. Boruto may have been cocky and never really acknowledge Sarada's strength, but he'd never admit to her weakness. Suspicion crept up on Kawaki but died down as Boruto interrupted him with a plan. A plan to defeat Konoha.

Boruto: I was thinking we should take down the other nations before defeating the Leaf. If we attack the Leaf first, it could lead to our downfall quicker than we expect since the Leaf has that many alliances. If we defeat all the other nations first, the Leaf would be left with no other forces to defeat us. 

It was a confusing plan but it was infused with Uzumaki intelligence. Unexpected yet ingenious. Kawaki was giving in to Boruto's loyalty to the new Kara organisation. He looked over at his wounds, a proof of his valor against Kawaki. 

Kawaki: I really thought you wouldn't leave. It is kinda surprising you left. I thought you would be with Sarada, Mitsuki and Sumire.

He almost sounded disappointed that Boruto left and this left Boruto in ambiguity. He never was confused as to why Kawaki would be saying these things. Did Kawaki...

Did Kawaki regret leaving?

Boruto was silent as he stepping on the crunchy leaves and on twigs. Boruto was the one who would make the most noise and lived with the rule that if he makes the most noise, it would scare the enemy. This scenario was different. He had to be quiet, to mask his surrounding and also his intent. 

Boruto: How long until we reach there? We were walking for hours 'ttebasa.

Kawaki: Not too long before we reach there. By the way, keep in mind that you may not have the most pleasant welcome but you need to keep in check so they don't throw you out.

Boruto was surprised that Kawaki was telling Boruto these things. Normally, Kawaki should've killed him right then and there. He had the upper hand in the fight. Boruto was weak and genuinely had no strength to fight. Yet he never did. And this very concept had left him confused from the start. Why was Kawaki suddenly caring for him? Was it because Boruto pledged loyalty to Kara or was it because of something else?

Kawaki: Here we are.

They stopped at what was a huge oak tree. Bewilderment was evident on the young Uzumaki's face as Kawaki concentrated chakra into the wood of the oak tree. Something that looked like the black hole from space opened and a great suction of air began.

Kawaki: Quick! Before someone finds the portal and comes in.

Boruto stepped in the portal reluctantly, as if pondering whether going with Kawaki on this mission was the right choice. Whether everything he was doing could save everyone he treasured. 

It wasn't even a second before the scene faded to a new surrounding. The thick smell of chemicals washed over Boruto as his eyes looked at the mulitple technology that was aligned in the room. The next voice shouldn't have taken him by surprise, but it still made him flinch.

Code: What a surprise, if it isn't Otsutsuki Momoshiki's vessel.