Absence of misery is a feeling called ecstasy

Gabriel didn't remember when he had awoken for the third time in that short time frame but he was more or less aimlessly staring off into space, He was about to drift off when he hear a snap near by.

"H-Huh what??" The angel frantically looked around and saw Adam with his hand in some sort of formation near him.

"Ohhh hi.. Adam." Gabriel replied, Trailing off from his drowsiness, Ready to fall back into his peaceful slumber when he was poked awake again, This time squeaking in response.

"Gabe, Stay awake, Jonah's cooking the good shit and who knows how long it's been since you've eaten."

Gabriel yawned. "But angels don't require to eat....Don't... need.....sleep." He explained tiredly, Drifting off again.

"Gaaabeee, Foods ready!!" The angel was unfortunately awoken again but his nose caught a whiff of a quite delectable scent, He opened his eyes, Looking down at the still steaming, Fresh bowl of something, He wasn't sure what it was but took the spoon near him to get a better sniff.

Once he had done that, The smell was very nice and almost enticing to him, He looked to Adam and Jonah, The latter having a spoon of his own and holding it to his mouth, Giving Gabriel a nudge to attempt to do the same.

"It's chiliy! Because you were chilly last night!!" Jonah announced, Getting a blank, Puzzled stare from the angel and then a loud laugh from Adam murray at his friend's failure to be punny. "Damn bro, You got the whole squad laughing."

"SHUT UP ADAM- We'll just have to work on the pun department!!"

Gabriel brushed the interaction off and brought the utensil closer to his mouth, Eventually bringing it into it.

A pleasant sensation flooded his senses, The meal made him feel warm and content as it went down his throat, Gabriel's wings went from, Upright to fluttering happily as he continued to gobble down his food.

The boys watched Gabriel's eyes light up as soon as the chiliy hit his tongue.

Jonah felt prideful that a divine creature enjoyed his cooking, Even if they didn't have many ingredients on hand at the moment.

Gabriel finished the bowl quickly and messily, Causing Adam to throw him an already dirty shirt of his own, Telling him to. "Wipe his face." The angel did heed his request, though somewhat awkwardly.

There was a silence that hovered in the air, It made Gabriel go tense, He knew what he was trying to avoid thinking about, But it still came to him regardless, The sand tomb he spent, God knows how long in, Adam and Jonah seemed nice enough but Gabriel didn't want to talk about it, Not because he didn't trust them, He did, For better or worse, It was just that... He deserved his punishment.

The angel went to get up but was stopped by a searing pain that swept his side, Causing him to gasp and fall back down onto the couch.

He could hear the other two running to his aid. "Holy shit bro, You shouldn't be moving right now!!!" Adam exclaimed.

Gabriel didn't verbalize it but the idea staying in one place made him antsy, Thankfully his rescuers caught onto that. "C'mon Jo, Help me lift him up."

The angel was surprised at their gentleness when lifting him to stand. "I really don't deserve this..." Gabriel spoke at a low tone, merely thinking outloud, He didn't notice Adam and Jonah's concerned looks to eachother.

"Oookayyy." The partly silver haired one started, Changing the subject. "Okay, So the kitchen is that way, Help yourself when you get hungry." Gabriel wanted to cut in and reiterated that he did not experience hunger but he did eat a bowl of 'chiliy' so he really didn't have an argument.

Jonah continued. "Mine and Adam's room are upstairs! I think we actually have a mattress down in the basement, Adam, Is it still down there?"

Adam shrugged. "I mean, Probably? I'm sure as hell not going down there to check."

The former sighed. "Well, Assuming there is one down there, Would you be okay sleeping in the basement."

Gabriel didn't know what a basememt was nor did he feel like he should have the nerve to choose.

"Anything is quite alright, I do not nor would I question your generosity in such a trying time." Jonah just blinked a few times.

-----

Adam watched Jonah lead the angel around, He wanted to engage in the conversation aswell but couldn't shake the feeling that they were not alone tonight, And thus he went on the defensive and alert, The blonde didn't exactly see fit to disrupt the tour and as long as he could keep an eye on his friend then he'd feel the slightest bit secure.

Regardless, Adam needed that as he swore he saw a shadow move in the corner of his eye.