See the fog lying over the day

Eventually, Adam and Jonah had to go sleep, After all They're only human, Which left Lucid on his own, He felt a presence in their home, One he couldn't very well identify from aura alone, All he knew was that it was something rather unpleasant.

Lucid wandered around the small house, Not needing to turn back on the lights due to his eye's ability to adapt to such darkness.

The dark didn't last long as eyes were blasted with a bright beam from the kitchen, The angel whined a little, Shielding his face from the offensive element.

"Oh sorry bro, Didn't see ya there." Lucid sunk back instinctively, His gloved had sliding along the wall until it caught onto something.

And with a simple flick with his finger, The lights turned on, Exposing the intruder.... Which turned out to be Intruder... And he was raiding the fridge, The pale alternate went wide eyed as the angel approached.

Lucid wasn't looking for a fight, No, He beyond terrified at the moment.

"Did lord G-Gabriel send y-you!? Please give me more time!! Don't h-hurt them!!" The angel pleaded, Continuing to go on with his pleas.

The alternate gently but also gruffly hushed him.

"Hey hey bro, I'm not gonna, Don't worry, Y'a..." It sounded like he planned to say more but trailed off.

The angel wasn't calmed though yet because Intruder was still in his- Adam and Jonah's home without reason, A stray fear tear rolled down from his eye.

"Bro what the fuck? Y'good??" The pale figure spoke, With concern in his ragged voice.

Lucid looked at him with mild confusion, Wiping the tear and looking at his glove, He saw a deep red color in it's fabric, His eyes widened but relaxed almost immediately.

How could he forget such a thing? This was a sort of silly moment, The angel let out a small laugh.

Contrary to him, The other backed away, Holding his pale hands up in defense. "Oh god oh fuck- I didn't think that woulda made y'a lose it."

Lucid tilted his head, With an apologetic look. "Oh no!! I'm okay!! It's not blood!"

Intruder seemed nice enough at the moment, So the angel found no reason to be mean, Not that Lucid ever wanted to be rude in general.

"Wait- Uh.. Why do y'a cry red!?"

He sort of assumed that alternates would probably have colored tears like Lucid's own siblings did, Lucid wiped the crimson drops from his eyes, The angel looked to him with a fresh gaze.

"Y'know.. Nevahmind." The intruder replied, Seemingly not prying further, Which was much appreciated by the heavenly host.

Lucid's eyes opened to the opportunity he had in this presence.

The angel tilted his head. "Would it be too much too soon to ask for a favor."

"What kind of favor?"

–––––

The two headed down to a nearby park, It was dark out, Too dark for anyone in their right minds to feel comfortable out in.

Lucid found enjoyment in the variety of lands and how different it was to his time.

Intruder cleared his throat. "Uh, Good job on the catch by the way."

The angel blinked. "Huh? What catch??"

There was a pause before the alternate replied. "Ah y'know, Anyways what was that favor again?"

Lucid sighed, He felt so confused at every turn.

"I don't want to hurt anyone, I'm not one of you guys, How do I play along like I will and like I am."

Intruder's eyes widened slightly. "Uh huh... Wait, So yer not really an alternate... Are ya?" 

The angel nodded his head in confirmation. "I'm so very sorry, Deception was not my agenda.."

"Y'did it to survive, Right?" The other's gruff voice asked. 

"Yes.." 

"There's nothin' wrong with that, I get it man, I mean, Y'a didn't hurt or get anyone hurt, so, No harm no foul, I kinda figured anyways..." There was a pause from the alternate before he continued.

"So. You wanna pretend to be something that lives by pretendin' huh?"

Lucid perked up, But a part of him felt on edge still. "Yes, But I need to ask, How are you so helpful and accepting of this??"

"Ya seem like a nice dude alright? Plus I..." He trailed off for a moment. "I've never thought she'd send another angel down... I jus' don't wanna be the one to throw away what could be, Y'know?" Intruder seemed almost whimsical for a moment. 

The angel smiled. "Thank you, Genuinely, How do I get started?"

The alternate adjusted his hood. "Lyin' with jus' words might work in the short term, If y' want fool him in the long run, Ya gotta get the boys involved, Have them play the part as your victims."

"I don't want to put them in danger though.." Lucid replied, Frowning.

"I mean, The're part of the BPS, The're human, There's really nothin' else they could do to end up more in danger."

The angel's posture fell in defeat. "I suppose that's true." 

"Look, It's gonna be okay, Okay? Hell, We might even be able to explain this shit to Gabriel some day." Intruder said, Likely to lighten up the grim circumstances.

Lucid shivered, He wasn't cold, It was more so the idea of giving his former brother a clear reason and shot to tear him to shreds once more.

"....Or not, You have time, I'll hang around to bail you out if you need it!" The gruff creature spoke.

"Thank you, Again, Genuinely." Lucid was well aware that at any point Intruder could go back and tell Gabriel everything, But, The alternate seemed sincere in his words and actions, It gave Lucid a small hope that he could somehow manage this.

He put a mental letter down to speak to Adam and Jonah about this as soon as he saw fit. 

---Authors note---

So vol4, That was a doozy! Knowing what changes have been made to the characters and the lore, I will state some things.

First of all, This fic WILL NOT contain Adam x Jonah, If you read this fic and ship them or Mark and Cesar, Knowing the crew's boundaries, Please stop reading this, I don't want readers that can't respect ppl's boundaries.

Second of all, Adam will stay the same as he was written in this fic previously, We stan nice Adam.

Third of all, Intruder, Crowley and Stanley will stay as separate beings.

And last of all, I'm happy to announce that this fic has a companion fic!! It's called "Book of Sarah" And can be found on my account!

It stars, Sarah, Who's also written inaccurately!!! /lh
She too gets an archangel bestie!