The colors glimmering ivory, What an awful array

Jonah led Gabriel down to the basement, Adam murray behind, But at a distance, The basement looked Rather odd to someone like Gabriel.

It had wood paneling and carpet, Gabriel thought it looked potentially cozy, With some sort of weird flat rectangle in the middle of the space. "What may that be?" The archangel asked.

"Oh! That's an air mattress-" Jonah realized that the angel might not understand the concept. "It's like a bed but with air inside instead, Sorta like-"

The room went pitch black as the door shut unexpectedly, Gabriel quivered in the dark, Frightened.

He heard footsteps go up the stairs. "Ha ha Adam, Very funny, Let us out!" Jonah replied, Attempting to turn the door knob, It didn't budge, He got no response so he went at the door with more force.

"Adam!! Let us out!! This isn't fucking funny-" He paused, Hearing something, Voices in the kitchen.

"Foolish man, You have brought the burden of your sin to be carried by the one you hold dear...It's your fault, Do you understand?"

Gabriel heard the voices, He heard Jonah beat on the door.

"ADAM DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!"

The archangel felt helpless in the moment, He took a step back from where he stood.

Jonah turned around, Hearing the noise of Gabriel, He almost asked the angel to help him ram the door down but quickly remembered that Gabe was still heavily injured.

Suddenly the room became illuminated, The source was Gabriel, More specifically his eyes, Glowing like, Fuckin, Headlights as he sat on his knees in a prayer position.

"The fuck??" He spat, Already stressed out by the situation.

Gabriel flinched but stayed in his spot. "I'm aiding Adam with a prayer."

The other tilted his head. "Aren't you, Y'know, Too injured to do that??"

"I'm borrowing power from one on my brethren." The angel spoke softly.

The two waited down there, Both silent and waiting, Concerned and worried for Adam as he fought the alternate, They heard sounds of yells, Both human and not human sounding, Thuds and crashes, And a gunshot... And then there was silence.

A golden shine accompanied the door when finally opened, A beaten and bruised Adam Murray stood in the frame, Appearing akin to one of Gabriel's own kin almost.

"Adam..." The angel watched Jonah look at Adam with a squint before tilting his head to the side, Looking past his friend to see a much more monstrous version, Drenched in still oozing, black blood, He sighed in relief and looked back to his friend, Some minor wounds bleeding red.

"What? Did you not think it was me?" Adam asked, His expression unreadable to Gabriel.

"Well I'm not going to take risks, Nothing is worth the risk, Besides, If you fucking died, I think being reckless would be the last thing you'd want me to do." Jonah replied.

Adam let out a chuckle and messed with Jonah's hair playfully, Causing the other to swat the hand away. "BRO, GROSS!!! YOU HAVE GROSS ALTERNATE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!!"

Though Gabriel watched the happy and playful exchange between the two, He kept looking to the corpse of the alternate, A demon no doubt, One of Lucifer's creations.

The archangel hugged himself, Trembling. "So... So that is what my brother has done, That is what Gabriel has done.."

"What do you mean? Aren't you the real Gabe though?"

The dark haired angel shook his head. "That name belongs to me no longer, My brother took it with my identity."

Adam Murray spoke in. "So, Uh, Do you want us to call you something else?"

"Yeah!" Jonah started. "You can change your name if it would make you more comfortable!!"

The angel pondered the idea, Silently asking the two for suggestions.

"If you want my opinion, He took your name? Take his." Adam said with a smirk.

The archangel smiled awkwardly. "I don't think I'd quite make a good Lucifer."

"What about a Lucid then?" Jonah asked, Gabriel actually liked the sound of that, Lucid, Clarity, Something he now possessed, Maybe he could redeem himself with that.

Adam and Jonah held out their hands, To help lift the angel up out of the basement. "C'mon Lucid!!" 

He smiled and happily took the assistance, Hoping for this to be a clean slate for him.

-----------------------------

Authors note:

Okay, So I have reasoning for the Gabriel > Lucid thing.

So, I needed a way to different him for alt Gabriel, And then I gave him that name when I created him for an rp me and my gf were doing so, I got way too attached to it.