Chapter 6

Take me seriously.

~0o0~

'What if it's you that I want?'

Ta-

'What if it's you that I want?'

Take-

'What if it's you that I want?'

Takemi-

'What if it's you that I want?'

Takemichi!

'Huh, what?' as the muffling in his ears began to clear and his mind began to take in his surroundings, he realized he was on a ladder, stringing up lines from a booth for the approaching festival.

He shook his head again before hearing another voice again, "Takemichi! are you seriously going to ignore me all day?" Draken questions, his hands perfectly wrapped on Takemichi's waist as he holds him in place in case he falls.

"W-what?!" he stutters, looking at Draken with a surprised expression. He stumbled behind since he missed a step on the ladder. He was about to fall when he felt muscular arms surround him behind his back, firmly clutching his body and preventing him from falling.

"Woah there, careful."  He softly groans against his ears. Takemichi could feel how Draken's lips accidentally brushed over his ears, he couldn't help but turn red from that interaction. And that groan-- God helps him.

As Draken was setting him down, Takemichi could only focus on Draken's side view. Sweat collected on the side of his brow, flowing down to his strong jaw lines, neatly defining them.

Damn.

"You okay?" he asks worriedly, breaking Takemichi's stupor with a stuttering reply, "U-uh, y-yeah, of course, I'm alright! Thanks!" He looks away, tucking a piece of hair behind his ear.

"Hey, isn't he the guy who bravely flirted in front of the class?"

"Omg, I think you're right! I was there, they were so cute!"

"Look! He's even holding him close! Eeeeeek!"

Takemichi's eyes immediately flew to Draken's hands, which were firmly placed on his waist, not only because they were so near to each other that they could hear each other's breath.

"O-Okay, that's enough, you can let go of me now." He chuckled dryly, lightly pushing Draken away. Dusting his clothes as he suppressed his shame. As he turned away from Draken, he lightly slapped himself.