Chapter 1

~°~  = timeskip

~*~ = changing pov.

----------------------------------------------

The space in the small living room flickered, and became blurry. A low hissing sound echoed through the previously silent room, causing the floor to vibrate. The air crackled, as if electrified. Above a small armchair near the window, the space seemed to ripple like waves. Like a stone had been thrown into a once calm pond. But instead of the stone simply sinking and disappearing behind the surface of the water, it left a gaping hole that kept expanding.

It rumbled and the crack swayed open and close, as if fighting an invisible force to keep itself open. Suddenly, ice-cold wind blew out of the opening and rushed into the room. It tore the pictures from the wall and let them crash to the floor, ripped holes into the fabric of the sofa and shredded the cushions. The doors of the cupboards were torn off their hinges and the television screen was blown to pieces. Fine cracks stretched across the windows.

And suddenly the wind disappeared. For a short moment, the room was dead silent, so quiet that one could hear a pin drop to the floor. Then it roared. Rumbling. A blinding flash of light illuminated the room enveloping everything in glaring white. Suddenly, a figure fell through the dark crack. A small green silhouette. Their body hit the armchair below and they groaned.

The mysterious hole gaping in space made a shrill sound. Like a roaring beast. Then it rumbled a few more times, flickering, before collapsing. The opening, which had struggled to stay open, caved in, leaving nothing but a faint flicker in the air. This was followed by heavy silence only interrupted by another picture falling from the wall in the back of the room and hitting the floor with a clang. The person slowly straightened up from his uncomfortable position on the armchair. His eyebrows furrowed together, and his mouth contorted.

He shook his dark blue hair, the azure braids swirling around. He stroked the somewhat battered fabric of his shirt, which had gathered some nasty wrinkles from the tumultuous flight. He fished his green beret from the floor and stroked the Cecilia, which had not survived the fall quite so well. A pitiful sight of the once snow-white flower. The white petals covered with pressure marks and rips. He put on his cap. Then he lifted his gaze and surveyed the surroundings through his teal coloured eyes before a dry laugh escaped his lips.

"Well... that was rather unexpected" he said, swinging from the armchair to his feet.

Suddenly, the door to the room was yanked open and his head whipped around. His curious gaze met the dark eyes of a person in which concealed panic welled. A middle-aged man stood in the doorway, a knife in his hand. Without context, it would look like the man was the assailant in the situation. The man almost flinched when he caught sight of the stranger's figure. Well, weren't it be for his obvious fear dancing in his eyes. He backed away a bit before raising his voice.

"Stay where you are! The police is already on their way. Don't you dare move!" he shouted. For as dangerous as the knife in his hand flashed, one could see that he was panicing. It was a pathetic attempt to get an intruder out of his house. At least in the eyes of the bard, who simply raised his eyebrows. But at least he was aware of his own role as the supposed bad guy in this situation. In any case, it was not his intention to spread panic. He himself was confused about what exactly had just happened.

Venti eyed the man in front of him and raised his hands as a sign of surrender, an innocent smile on his lips. He almost felt sorry for the man as he flinched at this simple gesture. He tried to appear harmless and smiled, but that hardly seemed to reassure the person in front of him. Rather, it only seemed to unnerve him more. Did he really look that dangerous? He doubted it.